Monday, July 10, 2006

Happy Monday!

Yes, it is Monday, so what could be so happy about it? Well, unlike many people, I like my job. I like my hours. I work Monday to Friday 8 to 4:30. I only live 6 miles from work so I do not encounter a lot of traffic. It takes me about 10 minutes to get to work each day. I am paid well, and I just got a raise at the beginning of the month. I get along with all of my co-workers. Of course, I do not really have any. The whole employee list for this place consists of the owner, me (I am his assistant. He calls me the office manager.), two guys who work out in the warehouse packing baskets for shipment, and sometimes the owner’s wife comes in and helps me around the office. That is it. I like it. No drama, no crazies… just baskets. I have been decorating my office. It is nice and big and has many windows so plants grow well. In our apartment, houseplants probably would not grow because there are not enough windows and it is too shady on the balcony to grow any. Therefore, I grow them at work. I got some plants from people who buy baskets from us and I bought a few plants. I never have any trouble finding nice planters to put them in. I took some nice picture of my office for you to see.


This is what my office looks like standing in the back. I sit at the front and the owner's wife sits next to/behind me when she comes in. Posted by Picasa


This is a close up of my desk. Posted by Picasa


This is what my office looks like from the front door. Posted by Picasa


This is the other side of my office. That is my desk too. I sit over there to do website stuff or picture stuff. Posted by Picasa


This is the photo studio where I take the basket pictures. Posted by Picasa

So yesterday, we decided not to be too lazy and we went to the zoo. Catherine wanted to see the new monkey trails and Carolynn wanted to see some turtles. I do not know what it is with her and turtles lately.

Today we have no plans. I am making chicken nuggets for dinner. The kids will probably want to go to the pool. It will not matter if they were out there all day swimming, they will still want to go.

-------------------------------
This Day In History

1890: Wyoming is admitted to the Union as the 44th state.

1913: The National Weather Service records a temperature of 134°F in California's Death Valley, the highest temperature ever measured in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.