Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wednesday Is Here

There is nothing too exciting to report. David has been working hard at his job at PetsMart. I hope that he can keep himself from bringing home all the kitties they have for adoption in there. We already have one crazy cat and we do not need more. The kids are fine. They are looking forward to Christmas. We are going to Disneyland on Sunday. We cannot wait to see the Christmas decorations.

So anyways, about the church. First, it is not like any regular church I have ever been to or heard of. They do not have that high pressure, “you believe what we say or else”, attitude that most churches have. They do not preach in a traditional sense. They give lessons. They do not guilt; they do not do any of that kind of stuff like most churches. We started going because I was looking for something the kids can get involved in that would be good for them. They could meet new people and do activities. Moreover, I was looking for something cheap. I didn’t think of church right away because I don’t think getting up early on a Sunday morning, getting all dressed up, and being called a sinner would be a fun way to spend a Sunday morning. However, my friend Dee Ann goes to this one and she recommended it. We go on Saturday night. I wear jeans and tennis shoes. The girls each go to their activities. I get a rock concert and a lesson. Then we go out for Slurpees. It is not horrible. The kids have made new friends. So that is it. No religious fanatics, nothing craziness. If you want to check it out for yourself, here is the website. North Coast Church.

Friday, I get the day off with pay. I have two float holidays because we are supposed to get New Year’s Eve and Christmas Eve as paid holidays and they fall on the weekend. Therefore, we get two other days off in December of our choice. I am taking the next two Fridays so I get four 3-day weekends in a row. How cool is that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.