Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More Than Meets The Eye

Are there hidden messages in this blog? Are there secret meanings hidden between the lines? Is each word and each sentence trying secretly to tell you some hidden thought? Are there hidden clues to some ulterior thoughts in each video? Are the videos crafted in order to spite or ridicule? Are the pictures meant to tell you something other than what is going on in the picture? Is this just a picture of Catherine at Seaworld or is it something more?

NO!

Every thing I write means exactly what it says. If I wrote it, that is what I meant to write. If I meant something else, I would write something else. Each video is a collection meant to tell the story and nothing more. They show how our vacation went, what we did over the weekend, maybe a collection of pictures from one’s life. Even a video of fun pictures set to a song that makes Carolynn rock out is just that. A picture of Catherine is meant to show you… a picture of Catherine.

Come on people! As shocking as it may be to some of you, I am just not clever enough to insert hidden agendas. It is what it is and nothing more.

***************************
On the other hand, maybe you just read that and thought, “What a clever way to try and hide the hidden agenda, by pretending that it isn’t there.” Perhaps you read that and thought, “This must be a way of bringing the hidden agenda to light.” Now you are looking for hidden meanings in older posts. It is not very probable that you just read that and thought, “Of course there are no agendas! Duh! It’s just a blog about some people.”

People will read what they want into my posts. They will twist them to become whatever they want them to be. There is no stopping it. Videos featuring pictures of fun times are no longer fun, but are slaps in the face to some people. A video of Catherine loading the dishwasher is no longer a video of a kid doing her chores, but really shows that I am so mean and lazy that I force my children to clean all day. A picture of Carolynn making a terrible face is no longer a picture of a kid who just bit a lemon, but really shows how unhappy my children are and what a terrible parent I am. A post about my bosses amazing ability to work in this frigid office is no longer about the air conditioner, but about my dissatisfaction with my job and how miserable it is to be me.

To each his own….

Only I know the truth as I am living it everyday.

3 comments:

  1. How ridiculous. I would like to believe that you're just having a bad day and that this post isn't based on thing(s) that happened in real life, but unfortunately, I know better. PEOPLE SUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl i swear you need to make this a blog where you have to have a password to view it or something.

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah... what fun will that be? Besides if I made it "Member's Only" then the same people would just go around saying I have something to hide. It's okay... I know who my friends are. Like you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.