Thursday, June 21, 2007

Now That I Think About It...

So all of this looking into who visits our blog got me thinking. I estimate about 20 people read this blog regularly. Only about 3 of these people post comments on here. About half of those who read write e-mails to me in response to our website. The rest of you (and you know who you are) are readers who act as if they do not. Do you consider that internet stalking? Is this the same as, in the olden days, calling someone repeatedly to see if their home? Is this even worse, as you gain details of our lives, pictures and more, without actually being a part of our lives? My friend Trish has her opinion on this, but I tend to disagree in my situation. I think if you want to be part of our lives, then be. Join us, be part of the adventure. If you want to continue to just read and not join, well, this is a public website. I cannot stop you. However, if you want to join, you are more than welcomed.

5 comments:

  1. We'll have to agree to disagree because I still think my definition in the post you referred to is correct. You're aware of certain people reading your blog but not commenting. If they do this simply because they're interested in what you post but don't want to comment, then that is lurking which is innocent enough. If they read your blog with malicious intent, i.e., to gain information to use against you, to sit on high while judging you, or anything along those lines, it's stalking. I have several readers on my blog who are from states that I don't know anyone living there. They don't comment or anything but I know they are regular readers. I'm fine with that. I consider them lurkers. And now I have to follow up on this on my own blog, lol. Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my thoughts would be more similar to your if...
    a) Those people reading were strangers who just found us interesting (which I can't imgagine, but is possible.)
    b) If I weren't positive they were someone I know.
    c) If these someone's I know communicated with me in any other way besides quietly rading my blog, most likely with the intent of finding incriminating information.

    I read your blog, I only comment when I feel like it. Howver, I also call you or e-mail you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i suck at remembering to leave comments......that is all

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't suck Heather. You e-mail me all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.