Friday, August 31, 2007

Back To School

Last night was Catherine’s Back to School night. However, this was not my first conversation with Mrs. Bailey, her teacher. Mrs. Bailey had to give me a call at work earlier in the week because our little Catherine was not turning in her homework. She was doing it, but she somehow “forgot” her folder. When I got home that night and made her look for it, it literally took her a couple of hours to find it. When she finally found it, it was under a blanket, under a box, under a pile of toys, under a pile of clothes. Mrs. Bailey also told me she had to move Catherine’s desk because she would not stop talking to her neighbor and that she had to take away some of Catherine cool supplies because she kept playing with them. (She has fun smelling markers I think and I know she has some erases that look like little animals.) Anyway, Catherine needs books. Therefore, if anyone wants to buy her any (she does have a birthday coming up) you can go to this website. From there you go to “Order Quizzes” (nope, not really ordering anything) and find books at her reading level. You cannot buy any books there, just check the reading level. She reads at level 2.8 to 4.0, however, the book she is reading now is a 4.2 and she is fine.

Carolynn’s Back to School night is next week. However, today she has decided to stay after school to try out for the cross-country team. She won an award in 5th grade for running. I told her if she makes it, tonight I would take her shopping for running shoes. She loves shoes, so any excuse to get new ones is a good thing.

In related school news, with the girls back in school and my own school, I will not be able to be as diligent with my updating. I will try though. (My classes are too boring to talk about.)

2 comments:

  1. what a great web site. I see that Click Clack Moo was on the list, but what about Walter the farting dog? What kid does not want to read that just so they can say fart out loud. Barns and Noble has a lot of great choices. Billy Crystal writes childrens books as does Jamie Lee curtis. Children books are so much smarter then the old readers we had back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to add, pehaps you can tell us what she has..... I know I sent her two of Walters adventures and the next in the click clack Moo Farmer Brown saga.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.