Saturday, September 29, 2007

In No Particular Order

On Thursday, Carolynn ran in her third cross-country meet. David and I were unable to attend so there are no pictures. She came in 74th. She was still first for her school, but she was going a little slow because Jessica joined the team and she was trying to stay with her. I told them both that was dumb, it was a race. They should both go out and do their best and not worry about keeping together. I am sure they will live if they are separated for 15 minutes.

I went to the Jack In The Box for lunch earlier this week. I waited until about 1:30 so it would not be so crowded. I go in, order my tacos and fries, and get my iced tea. I sit down and just as I unwrap my taco, a woman comes in with a screaming child. He was probably about three or four. He was screaming, “NO! I WANT TO GO TO MCDONALDS! I WANT CHICKEN NUGGETS!”

So his mom is dragging him in and saying, “It’s okay they have kid’s meals here with chicken. Don’t cry.” And she proceeds to purchase some lunch. Then she sits down right at the booth behind me. Now the little screamer (who has yet to stop his tiny tirade) is sitting directly behind me kicking the seat. It was very sunny on the other side of the restaurant so that is why the chose to sit there. Anyway, the woman put a kids meal in front of him and said, “Look Kevin, see, they have chicken.”

Kevin quieted down a minute, and then screamed, “THESE AREN’T CHICKEN NUGGETS! I WANT CHICKEN NUGGETS.” You see, at Jack In The Box, the chicken comes in strips not in processed nugget form. He starts kicking, screaming, and yelling. I am back to back with the little kicker.

His mom is over there calmly eating her burger or whatever and saying, “Eat your lunch Kevin.” I am eating as fast as I can so I can get out of there. Next thing I know, I have chicken strips in my hair. I picked the chicken out of my hair and turned around. Kevin’s mom says, “Look what you did Kevin, you hit that lady with your chicken.” Kevin found that very funny. I got up to put my trash in the bin. Kevin threw his honey mustard at me. I was covered in sauce. The Jack in the Box woman was stunned. She came rushing over to help me clean up. However, all Kevin’s mom said was, “Kevin, now what will you dip your chicken in?”

What made me even madder was I was wearing my pink Eeyore polo shirt and by the time I got home, the stain was set. I love that shirt.

I still have not finished my movie. I intend to finish it today though. I also intend to finish that post I was writing about Heather’s husband Ken. Both should be up today.

I was supposed to go out with a friend today, but unfortunately, she had some car trouble and will not be making it to town. She lives in the San Francisco area.

I got some new books the other day. Therefore, I intend to spend my weekend reading. The girls are going out for a visit today so it should be peaceful.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh! You should've told that lady whatta skank she was for not disciplining her kid and then sent her a dry cleaning bill. What is with parents these days?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I was so pissed. I had to go back to work like that and smell like honey mustard all afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That woman should have jumped up grabbed up the kid by the arm and said very loudly......Wait untill I tell your mother what you did, you are in so much trouble.....then she should have left before the kid had a chance to call her MOM

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.