Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Saturday Evening Post



Today we did very little. It was too hot to go out, so we had a picnic in the house. The girls were real excited about books this week so they read all morning. Carolynn finished reading Are You There God? It's Me Margret by Judy Blume. She is writing a review for her page as I type. She is now reading the first Harry Potter. She is so excited because she is only a few pages in and it's already different than the movie. Last night we watched Back To The Future and while we were picnicing we watched Part 2. Tomorrow we will be watching Part 3.

For dinner we had Asian food. If you believe it, both the recipes I used were family recipes. Nope, I am not Asian, but my Aunt Paveena is. She is from Thailand and she taught me to make egg rolls. My mom taught me to make fried rice like that. I don't know where she learned it. We used our Asian tea set and had Japanese tea. We sat around the coffee table. It was fancy. Here are a couple of pictures.





And for all my baseball loving fans out there, here is a picture of a ball game in Ohio my friend Trish sent me.

9 comments:

  1. THE BEST EGGROLLS IN THE WORLD, THEY ARE UNIQUE FROM OTHER ONES. ALSO IF THE RICE IS THE RICE WITH EGG AND BACON IN IT YOUR AUNT GOT IT FROM A CLASS AT SCHOOL, IF NOT THATS OK, BUT SHE HAS TO ME THE BEST FRIED RICE RECIPE AVAILABLE, SHE SAID SHE USED TO MAKE IT AT HOME ALL THE TIME. THE PICTURE OF THOSE EGGROLLS SURE LOOKED LIKE YOU WERE A PRO AT MAKING THEM. ONE DOZEN PLEASE, FED EX., LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it from a high school history book at Eisenhower High School and was different because of the use of bacon. I use to make it at home alot for the family, so the recipe has probably been around us for maybe almost 40 years. We have it here alot, one of Steve's favorite things I make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paveena makes the best Egg rolls I have ever had in my life. She has made me some and sent them with Alyssa, she dips hers in a chili sauce you can get at the asian market, but it is a bit spicey. Hot spicey food for this hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Aunt Paveena makes the best egg rolls. No store bought egg rolls can compare. I remember that sauce. We eat ours plain though. Yes, my fried rice had bacon in it. It was good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The look on David's face is priceless! What is he eating, must be a peanut butter and jelly eggroll?
    Gosh I sure would love to try some of the Thai inspried egg rolls, sounds yummy to me. I had a Thai girlfreind for a couple years and went to Thailand several times. Love Thai food!
    Hope you all are having a good holiday weekend, best wishes to all.
    DRC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, David doesn't eat Asian food because he's a loser like that. He was eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Thai food is excellent. My Aunt Paveena makes some good food. If you ever come out our way I will be sure and cook some up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well the vote is in from over here, your changes to Pavenna's eggrolls are much more superior than hers, don't tell her we said that though, lol lol. Changing it to Turkey burger and not putting it in the wraps raw is much better, not as greasy and that is your aunts biggest complaint is how greasy they usually are, so you are the new queen of eggrolls!!! You can also get the SWEET AND SPICY THAI SAUCE at Stater's, it is in their International Food Aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMERICA has VOTED and the winner for the BEST EGGROLLS goes to JENNIFER!!!! for her JEN'S LIL BIT OF THAI EGG ROLLS!!! Congratulations!!!! YOU CAN'T JUST EAT ONE, TRY IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I only make them how I can remember Aunt Paveena making them. The turkey burger makes them lass greasy. I am glad my directions worked for you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.