Friday, September 07, 2007

TGIF

It has been a long week and there were only 4 days in it.

Tuesday, David got a new job. He went from working an erratic part time at PetsMart to working full time at a set schedule at the Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart pays more too.

Wednesday, I was driving from work to pick up Carolynn from cross-country practice and my car made this noise when I stopped. Turns out, I needed new brakes. I got some this morning. New brakes do not come cheap, so I was freaking out just a wee bit. However, I am getting better, and my car stops again.

I guess I forgot to mention Carolynn made the cross-country team and her coach thinks she has a very good shot at winning the championships for 6-7th grade girls. He was very excited to see her run. I guess that means she is good. They have their first meet next Thursday. We will see how she does.

Speaking of Carolynn, there was a back to school night at her school last night and we got to go and meet all her teachers and coach. They all seem nice. Carolynn will be doing that same reading program that Catherine does, so she would like books too. They have not started the program yet, so I do not know her level range yet.

Now it is over. Tomorrow we set off on our girl’s only adventure to Hollywood. I have much to do. The girls have been ready for days. I have to charge my camera and phone, wash some clothes, and clean the house and all that grown up mom stuff. Tomorrow I am meeting my mom, sister and cousin at the Krispy Kreame. Yum! Donuts!

David starts his new job tomorrow. Yeah! Job!

4 comments:

  1. It is a good thing to be able to stop. My Dad was just telling me he got the breaks serviced in the PT on tuesday, must be a PT thing. He is a bit worried about how much longer he will be able to drive, mostly because of his vision. We will just take it one day at a time and see how it goes. He is still able to golf but he does lose a lot more golf balls these days. I picked up Alyssa and she is excited and has her camera ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, stopping is quite useful. Glad to hear Grandpa is stopping better now too. I will have to pick him up some extra golf balls. Tell Alyssa to be ready to take a million pictures for my epic movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you should have no problem at all with your Hollywood Epic we all have digital cameras. Sarah is using my old sony. I have a new sony and a canon rebel, it has a great zoom lens. I have been able to get some great shots of baseball players. Alyssa has an Olympus digital it has survived a couple of Warped tours. You have your cool new camera and Carolynn has hers....it may turn in to a two part epic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I need to check in more, glad to see david got into walmart. Hope they are giving him some hours and treat him better than petsmart.
    Good brakes can mean life or death.
    Never mess around, always have your brakes working as best as can possibly be.
    A box full of some really nice yummy cookies showed up at my doorstep this past weekend-me and gena and lots of my freinds enjoyed them! Excellent!
    our best to you all.
    davids dad

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.