Friday, February 15, 2008

Tirade Against Assholes

Tomorrow my Grandpa is moving. After 32 years in the same mobile home, he is moving. It is going to be quite the adventure. I, for one, am happy for him. It is what he wants. Some others, however, are just jerks. I was going to write a tirade about what a bunch of assholes they really were too. Then, I thought about it, and decided that it would only make me feel better for a minute, these people would not stop being jerks, and it would just make it worse. Therefore, I have decided to be a better person and simply pretend they do not exist. I am after all the better person and everyone knows it.

Today I ran errands. I went to Queen Eileen’s and got some Webkinz for Sidney’s birthday. I got her a penguin and a white terrier. I got her some Webkinz trading cards and a Webkinz bookmark too. I hope she likes them. She will be nine. Then we went to lunch at Chipotle Mexican Grill. That was our first time eating there and it was delicious. The burritos are huge. Then we went to the bookstore. The girls got new books. I did not. That was difficult, but I managed to get out of Barnes and Noble without buying a new book for myself. Carolynn got Artemis Fowl and a Judy Blume book. Catherine got Beezus and Ramona. Kina was with us and she got a couple of books too. Then we went to Albertson’s for the groceries. We had hot dogs for dinner. Now I am doing laundry.

Tomorrow we are embarking on our moving adventure. I will document it and post it for all to enjoy. I just need some suggestions for moving music.

7 comments:

  1. Good job you are the better person, and you are right they will not change. After today my dad will not be used by people. He is not a rich man and he earned what he has, he should be able to enjoy his life. If he wants to play penny slots go bowling and buy some new golf clubs so be it. He will not be paying other peoples bills, giving them gas money, paying for basketball tickets, or hotel rooms.
    My dad is a very cool guy, he has come out of his shell some since my Mom passed because he is not under so much pressure. He took care of her for as long as he could and it was not easy. He will enjoy all of the reat of his years, and we hope there will be many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all your help! We did it Grandpa is all moved, we have some organizing to do and I have two days off before I have to go back to work so we will get er done.
    The housekeeper will come next week and get us all dust free and the floors and bathrooms all nice and tidy. Well we just need to get Grandpa to get into some of the senior activitys and learn his way around and he will fine. We have wal-mart and we have Stater bros close by. We have a bowling ally a golf course and movies. He will have somebody around most all day everyday, and we accually talk to him, watch sports with him, go out to eat with him.
    His boold pressure will go down and his life will be better. We did good, it was a long day and even the dogs are passed out I think I will go get ready for bed myself. Thanks again for all your help

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were glad to do it. I will see what kind of video work Catherine did and maybe we can have a little video later. David is beat. Good thing he came. We I don't think we could have done it without him. I am glad Grandpa is happy and that he got his blood pressure down. I saw him checking it. When the girls were doing Webkinz and telling him about them. I hope he gets all settled and next weekend we will NASCAR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are right David did a lot of hard work, I could not have lifted a lot of that stuff. My dad would have left a lot of stuff behind, as long as he's got his TV set he was good to go. I am glad you got my mom's baking dishes she would be happy about that. Sarah has her stuff loaded into storage and is getting ready for her big move. So then we will be re-doing her room.
    Yep next week the NASCAR adventure and that will be fun, my Dad says Shari is giving us the VIP treatment. She works for NASCAR and she goes to five different tracks, MI, Chicago, and California and I forgot the others. She used to do Daytona but a different office covers it now. She runs all the stands that sell NASCAR merchandise.
    Next time we go to Pala I am going to call my uncle Hank and have him meet us for lunch at Vincents in Temecula. They have great spaghetti and meat sauce. Hank lives right around the corner.
    I have to make sure he keeps in contact with family, he is not to good at picking up the phone so I do it. I keep in touch with a few cousins and my uncle Hank, he is cool he drives a PT also.My aunt Gloria she lives in MI in the summer and here in the winter months. Of course Barry, he and my Dad have been friends for almost 50years we may see him at the track.
    I am pretty lucky, I get to spend time with my dad everyday. I get to see family members I had not seen in a while and I get to have new adventures a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep we are lucky that we have so many people who want to hang out with us. It will be fun to meet the cousins and see some NASCAR fans and we can see Grandma too. Won't all the rednecks be jealous of our VIP NASCAR experience? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that paragraph you wrote I think it is true that those people are jurks! Just wanted to say hi.


    From:kina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kina... never say those kind of words.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.