Tuesday, March 11, 2008

VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was my last day of work for eight whole days! YEA!

Tomorrow I pick up Trisha from the airport and the fun shall begin. Today, boring.

I got a key for my mail box today. Good thing too because the junk was really piling up. Carolynn was invited to join the GATE program at her school. Now both of my children are gifted and talented. Swell. For her GATE, they are taking a series of field trips over Spring Break, which starts next week. They are going to learn about Shakespeare at the Old Globe Theater in Balboa park, they are going to Birch Aquarium, they are going to go to the Maritime museum and learn to sail a tall sailing ship and then sail the Californian out on the harbor, and finally they are going to learn about opera and then go see a real dress rehearsal at the San Diego Civic Theater. It's going to be a lot of fun. I am sure there will be pictures of her many adventures to share.

Catherine was pretty good today. She was very concerned about what I might write about her today so she worked extra hard. He teacher even sent home a note with a smiley face.

4 comments:

  1. Well sounds like adventures will be everywhere. Take lots of pictures so you guys can share your adventures. Have you ever been to an opera? Sarah and I went to one when we were taking a Music class at VVC. We went to the Disney center which is a very cool place, but Opera was not exactlly our cup of tea. Carolynn will get to see the fat lady sing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the phantom of the opera but I don't think that is quite the same. I am sure we will have a lot of pictures going this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear the Phantom of the Opera was good. Did the fat lady sing at the end? Thats how you know it is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope no fat lady. The Phantom Of The Opera is more of a musical than an opera. I have the DVD and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.