Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Depression

***WARNING! This post is about to be filled of whining and sad pathetic moaning. If you want to skip it, scroll down and take a look at our regular "Wordless Wednesday" post and have a laugh at the cat. You have been warned.***

I am so sick of being poor. Seriously. I haven't had proper money since May. In June we were moving. In July I was unemployed and broke. That has continued through... um today. Okay, not exactly. I am employed. I work part time for minimum wage cleaning fish tanks. Not that that is a bad thing. I like working at the pet shop. I would like a lot better to make some grownup money. I would have a job for grown ups if not for some stupid paperwork mess up. That job will eventually return to the ring, probably mid-October, but until then...

I must conserve. I feel bad when ever I go place with my parents or Grandpa because I don't have money and they pay for stuff. But if not for them, I couldn't afford to leave the house.

So here I am, depressed and feeling sorry for myself. I don't know many people here, just my family. I have only my online friends, who, as wonderful as they are, are basically virtual. I thought if I got a part time job while I continued to look for my "real" job, I might meet some people or at least have some people interaction. But alas, fish are pretty, but do not talk. One of the girls at the pet shop thinks I need a dog to keep me company. Yes, I know, we have a dog. Elvis is Catherine's dog all the way. He sleeps with her. We have cats. Cleo is Carolynn's cat. She usually only comes out of Carolynn's room for food, the kitty box, and to find Carolynn. Kitty is mostly David's cat. She does sleep with Carolynn sometimes. I think she may be trying to kill me. She flops out where ever I may be walking and dares me to try and step over her. We also have Little Dude, Carolynn's turtle.

Maybe she is right. My mom has Hercules and my Grandpa has Mickey. Hercules is a Pomeranian and Mickey is a Chihuahua mix. There had been a little Boston terrier at work that I liked a lot, but he went off to a good home (at a good price). Now we have some of the cutest little miniature dachshunds. They are much cheaper and very cute. I am sure I could get a heck of a deal, but even a super deal is out of my price range.

That's one of the issues of working at a pet shop. The kitties don't get me as much. I have never been a big cat person. I like the cats we have and I don't want to get rid of them, but I don't want more. The puppies are all cute, and I want them all. The fish are so pretty and it makes me want a huge tank of them. We have pond stuff too and it makes me want to build a huge one in the yard. As I am leaning more about some of the reptiles, even some of them seem cool. When I was younger I had many pets. Probably too many, if you ask my mom.

Maybe I just need a hobby. I tried knitting. That keeps my hands busy if I am watching TV, but not much of a hobby. Most hobbies take money. I guess this is a hobby.

Well, that's enough of my "Whine Fest Wednesday".(That was for you Trisha)

Tomorrow, another day, another fish tank. Look for me there hanging around a pet shop, 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Friday is my one day off a week. Saturday and Sunday are my favorites. I still have to go to work, but I don't have to clean fish tanks, get up as early, and I get to interact with customers.

5 comments:

  1. Well the real job will be along soon and you have a pretty fun part time job. You get off in time to still get stuff done during the day. You have learned to budget pretty good, the girls are happy and things are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being poor blows. I know. Moving really sucked us dry and we are now avoiding answering the phone from numbers we don't recognize. It's pathetic. I'd come and visit again but I'd have to sell a kidney to afford to do so. Besides, Casey might divorce me if I go to California again without him, heheh.

    Hang in there and welcome to Whine Fest Wednesday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need a break. It's hard not having the money you need or want. I heard about a guy who free lances setting up fish tanks for people. Maybe there's a way you can use what you already do to make some extra money. I hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree not having money sucks. When you don't have it I seem to need if for everything. I'm sure you mom doesn't mind helping you. Things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not like I want million, though I wouldn't object, but I would like enough. I am sure I did the right thing moving here and the kids are way better off and all that. Being practically unemployed sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.