Saturday, November 15, 2008

Something Else

My mind is very occupied with my financial and jobless situation. It is all I think about or talk about. Catherine found out yesterday that we might have to move because I cannot afford our house. She was crying in her pork chop and could not eat. I felt like the worst mom in the whole wide world.

So in an effort to take our minds off of the gloom and doom, here is a picture.



This picture of Catherine was taken at my mom’s house on Thanksgiving 2001. It was just after Catherine’s second birthday and right before we moved to Wisconsin. In fact, we had Christmas at the same time because we left for Kenosha the Monday after Thanksgiving. All of our stuff was packed up.

6 comments:

  1. i remember lil bitty catherine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep she was tiny when we came to Kenosha. Joey was itty bitty then too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember little tiny Catherine and that little car.....and The Jolly Jalopy too.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just out meeting NaBloPoMo participants and wanted to say hi! Good luck on the rest of the month!

    Cheers! Giyen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you checked out all the programs for assistance? They are there for people who are trying, but are frequently taken advantage of by those who only want a hand-out. Don't give up without a fight. Many churches and other organizations also offer assistance. Make some calls - find out what's available. Good luck on this, and good luck on finding work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eve- Yes I did. I get too much in child support to qualify for aid. It's not nearly enough to cover all the bills, but too much for aid. We did get food assistance, so I haven't had to worry about food. I have checked every place I can for job possibilities. I haven't given up yet, but if nothing happens by the end of this week, we are going to have to move. I feel like the worlds worst mom. I can't even give my kids a house to live in.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.