Friday, December 12, 2008

No Thanks. I Already Have A Job

Wouldn’t it be cool if I could say that to people? Someone could call me up and ask me for an interview and I could say, “I am sorry, but I have already accepted another position.” How cool would I be?

You know what else would be cool… What if I got two jobs, they were both very awesome and perfect, and I had to pick one? All those months with nothing, wondering how I will make it and now I could be sitting around thinking about which job I should take. How cool would that be?

Well, guess what happened to me today? I got two very awesome job offers. Oh yes, I got a job. I did not even just get one job, I got two.

The first job came while I was driving to the interview for the second job. It is a job as a correctional officer at the federal prison. It is a well-paid position with many great benefits. This was my light at the end of that tunnel. I actually interviewed for that job in August. She wanted me to start like the next week, but there was some paperwork thing and I could not. I had to wait until they had more openings, which they thought would be in October. Then budget cuts forced them to postpone them. Then I was called to re-interview. That was about 2 weeks ago. Last time I was the only girl, and this time there were several girls, so, though I was pretty sure that I got it, there was that little thought in the back that made me think maybe not. I figured that of they wanted me before; surely, they wanted me again. They called today and said they do. If I can pass the drug test and background check, I will begin training in January. That should be easy. I never did a drug in my life and I am not a crook or as Catherine said, a villain. I was so excited. Finally. A job! Woo!

Since I was already on my way to an interview, I figured I would go and if I did not get that job, then hey, no big deal, right? This job was for volunteer coordinator at a convalescent hospital. The interview went amazing. I totally got the job. Wow. It has great pay, some benefits, the people are nice and it would be a very pleasant place to work. She said she still had some interviews set up, so she was going to finish those up and call me next Friday to let me know when to start. I was shocked.

Months of worry, depression, pathetic moaning, and tension… Then I get two jobs in one day. Seriously. I am just in shock. I am done job hunting. I feel like I just lost a million pounds that I did not even know I was carrying. I can pay my bills, buy stuff, and be comfortable.

So, which job did I pick you ask? Well, I am going to go with the hospital. It is less pay, but I think it would be more fun and more pleasant that a prison. However, as she said, she still had interviews. What if she finds someone else? Then I still have the prison. I am going to the prison on Monday for drug testing and a physical. I am authorizing the background check and finger printing. That way if the hospital finds someone else I am covered.

But either way…

I HAVE A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Well it is a hard choice, the prison is a federal job....good benifits and security. The LTC is closer and the hours are a little more traditional and I think working with older people and families is a bit more rewarding the dealing with prisoners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and they might be more flexible than the prison too, like if the kids have some school thing or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I knew it would happen for you. And isn't that just the way it always goes? From famine to feast. My husband was a prison guard while he was in the military. From what he had to say, I think the hospital job would probably be much more pleasant for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo!!!!!!!! i am so happy for you hun! i knew you deserved an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I am glad you got what you wanted for Christmas.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. you changed your comment page I got a little confused so my name didn't come up last night I am a morning person.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! I couldn't be happier for you. You deserve to have a great job and not to have to worry all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.