Monday, January 05, 2009

And So It Begins

Today was my first day at my new job. It was a long day. They are throwing a lot of information out at me. For the next two weeks, I will be attending training classes. After that, I will be doing a shadowing program, and then I will attend 3 weeks at a training camp in Georgia. Then once I complete my year probation, bam… I am in for good.

Today we did a lot of administrative papers. We picked insurance, retirement, savings… We learned about employee conduct. We were sworn in as officers of the law. It was interesting. I heard many stories. I cannot repeat them though, because they are not for public knowledge. I met some interesting people, some interesting in a good way, some not so much. Tomorrow we really begin training. We will learn policies and about inmates. Next week they are going to teach me how to shoot stuff. I have such a cool job.

The girls spent the day with my mom since David was at work all day too. They got Catherine a hair cut, ate hot dogs, and went to a movie. My mom also made sure they did chores and helped Carolynn make dinner. I had thawed some chicken thighs. Carolynn did an oven bbq on them and she made a nice homemade mac and cheese. All of it was very good and I will be taking some for lunch tomorrow. It was very nice to come home and have someone else make the dinner. Carolynn was very proud of herself too.

I spent most of this evening filling out all that paperwork, picking insurance and assigning beneficiaries. It was a very tiring day.

Tomorrow I get to do it again. I am so excited.

5 comments:

  1. Carolynn did a good job she made mac and cheese and chicken and she got right on the chores. Catherine looks real cute with the new hair cut, and the movie was good, it had lots of funny parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your first day went great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that job sounds like it's going to be really tough. You gonna crack down on the inmates huh? Good luck, you're gonna do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki- Yup. Going to be a kick ass enforcer of law. How about that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great that the girls are helping out around the house.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.