Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Day 2

There is a lot to learn at this job. You are responsible for people's lives. There are policies and procedures to learn. It is hard, but I am enjoying the challenge. There are 11 people in the class. But not everyone of them are training to become officers like me. Most are though. Two are doctors, one medical and one psychology. One is a receptionist. The rest of us are correctional officers. There are 3 women, including me. Everyone is pretty nice. In fact, every person I have met who works there is very nice. There is a huge amount of "family" there. I never had a job like that. Actually, I never had any kind of job even remotely like this before. Importing baskets for a jerk ass boss is not anything like this. Running cheese shops is not either.

I bring my lunch and eat with the class. Today I had leftover mac and cheese form last night.

After work today, I went for groceries. We had burgers for dinner. Tomorrow we are making chili. That will make good leftovers for lunch too.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are enjoying the job so far. Good for you! I'm sure you can learn everything you need to learn and be a hum-dinger of a corrections officer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working with nice people can really make the job good or bad! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.