Sunday, January 23, 2011

Get In The Kitchen



Revolutionary Road
By Richard Yates

I finished this book sometime last month. I didn't like it. Frankly, I didn't care about the characters. The wife should have been less of a thinker and got herself in the kitchen and bake a pie. Seriously, when I read a story, I have certain expectations. This story is set in the 50's and is about a young married couple. In that time frame, woman were supposed to be wives and shut up. No, I don't think that it was right. No, I don't think that was fair. But that is how it was and that was my expectations. And the husband was a jerk and a giant cheater.

Then it just kind of ended. That was it. Just done and stupid. I didn't like that. Not at all. Nothing was resolved. No one lived happily ever after.

Then I watched the movie. It has Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. I thought it might be better. It got great reviews. And you know what? It sank like the Titanic. I didn't like it anymore on the screen than I did in the book. I didn't even finish the movie because I just didn't care and I was bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.