Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease

So, the other day I posted a comment on this website stating that people not participating in our life (or this website) will not be allowed to upset or hurt me or my children because I will not allow it. In response to this notification, I received six responses. Two of which came from people I had mentioned I knew were active participants. (Yes, Heather and Trish, this means you.) That means that four people I know, read this website when I sent it to them in a mass email and then responded. I defiantly know more than six people. I am absolutely sure I have more than six relatives. I would estimate I had around six really good friends though. And you know what, most of them responded! Do not worry though, it does not bother me. My kids however… Well, let me tell you something, if I notice once that it bothers them, it will bother me. Just a fair warning.

Anyway, that is all I have to say about that. If you would like this website e-mailed to you every time I add to it, I can do that. However, be warned, it will send you an automatic e-mail every time it updates and sometimes it takes me a whole bunch of updating to get the posts the way I want it. (Adding pictures, ect…) Nevertheless, it will let you know when the new stuff is there. If you want to be added to our mailing list then send me an email. (You can click on the link to the right.) Also, feel free to e-mail any of us. Carolynn loves to get e-mail. She rarely gets any, but she does write back. Catherine also enjoys getting e-mail, but do not count on a response. She is too busy bouncing around to answer.

On to more happy things…

My friend Trish and her family are moving to Cherry Point, NC from their current home in South Canada…. Vermont. I was looking on a map today and discovered that Cherry Point, NC is only a four-hour drive from Newport News, VA, where my friend Heather and her family live. Then I thought to myself… I have never seen the east coast, maybe it is about time. Therefore, I am planning a trip. I do not know when or any details yet. However, I am going to plan them and I will let you know. I never really planned a real vacation before. I went to Nashville, TN once and that was fun, but my mom planned it. I have gone on plenty of local weekend type trips (Las Vegas, Disneyland, Universal Studios, ect.) but never cross-country. Unless you count all those unpleasant moves to and from Wisconsin, and I do not. So look for upcoming news about our vacation.

You may have noticed that we have been spending a lot of time at Disneyland as of late. Well, we have. It is the happiest place on earth after all. It was quite a challenge to get those passes too. They were not cheap, unless your name is Bill Gates. My name is not, unfortunately. Therefore, it took some planning and challenges to get them. However, we did it and now we plan to get our monies worth out of them. How can you not like Disney? We may not see much Disney action next month though. They are having some interesting Halloween stuff going on there, but it costs extra. We are planning on going to Fright Fest at Magic Mountain in October. Halloween is my favorite holiday. There is candy flowing everywhere. I have so many decorations for both inside and outside. Costumes are so fun. We may end up doing both the Disney Halloween and Fright Fest. I got some coupons from Six Flags in my desk.

The girls had school pictures today. When I get them, I will post them for all to see. Who knows what they will look like. I dressed Catherine, so her clothes match and they were clean when she left. What she looks like for the picture could be very different. Carolynn insisted on picking her own and doing her own hair. She is all about fashion and stuff recently. It is so weird. Do not tell anyone, but yesterday she announced she wants to start shaving her legs…. I do not even want to shave mine. Frankly, if it were not for my severe hatred of pantyhose, I probably would not. Carolynn is 10. She is also a little nutty.

Catherine’s birthday is soon. She wants to go to… you guessed it… Disneyland. Well, not just Disneyland, but the Build-A-Bear workshop in Downtown Disney and dinner at the Rainforest CafĂ©. She is not a cheap date. All Carolynn wanted for her birthday was a friend to sleep over and a Slurpee. Well, that is that. Nothing else is going on around here. We have no weekend plans (for a change). Sounds like a fun filled weekend of laundry and movies.

1 comment:

  1. woohoo, vacation and virginia and heather all in the same sentance sound great to me! you know you are more than welcome to stay here to save you some money! ken will be leaving in jan for the dreaded deployment! cant wait to see the girls pics! tell them hi for us, and i will have to remember to email them later!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.