Friday, December 01, 2006

The Few. The Proud. The Marines.

While some places are having trouble with storms, our weather is great. Cool, but great. We have other things happening around here. At our place, this is what we have to look forward to.

Camp Pendleton Issues Noise Advisory
KNSD-TV
10:10 p.m. PST December 1, 2006

A noise advisory has been issued for people who live near Camp Pendleton. Starting Saturday, U.S. Marines will conduct training exercises using mortars and bombs. Area residents could hear loud explosions and rumbling sounds. The exercises will conclude Dec. 8.

***************************

According to MapQuest we would have to drive 9 miles and it would take 12 minutes to get to Camp Pendleton from our house. However, if I could go in a straight line from here to there it would only be about 4 or 5 miles. Sounds like a blast, doesn’t it?

I do not really mind though. We used to live near Miramar and helicopters would go over and vibrate the whole house nearly daily. Once I went out to sea on an aircraft carrier and planes were landing and taking off right over my head. Then I went up to the part where the captain sits and he was explaining to me which planes were which. It was loud, but very cool.

Here's a picture of my favorite current Marine. Yep, I stole this picture. :)


Trisha's husband Casey. Okay so he's the only Marine I know, but he's still my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.