Sunday, December 03, 2006

Only 3 Weeks Until Christmas!

We have been putting up our Christmas decorations. David did the outside lights. The girls decorated the tree and I put some stuff around the house. It’s just not Christmas until there is a sexy leg lamp in the window.


Our Christmas tree Posted by Picasa


Another Christmas Story... look at that sexy leg! Woo Hoo!! Posted by Picasa


David hanging lights. Posted by Picasa

Tuesday, I did something I have never done before. I called in sick to work. I was feeling really sick. It felt weird being home from work when it was still open. It was nice knowing that though I was sick, I would not lose a days pay.

Speaking of work, guess who got a job???? Oh yes, it is David. He is now an employee of PetsMart. He started yesterday.

Yesterday, while David was enjoying his first day on his new job, the girls and I did a lot of running around. First, we dropped off David at the PetsMart. Then we went over to the Kohl’s and got some new clothes for the girls. Check out this video of Catherine in her new snowman sweats. (This video is a new technology for us and this video is just a trial thing I made, so please excuse the horribleness of it.)

Check out Catherine's new snowman sweats.

After the Kohl’s, we ate breakfast at Denny’s. Then we went to the Target to get some Christmas shopping done. After that we got gas and toy cars at the Chevron and groceries at the Albertson’s. Then we came home. We did some cleaning, put the groceries away and listened to some Christmas music. Then we went to the PetsMart to do some shopping and pick up David. On our way, we stopped at Wal-Mart to buy a jar for our Christmas candy. The girls picked out some toys there to give to the Marines collecting Toys For Tots out front. Then we shopped PetsMart. We got a box of presents for our dog, Elvis, and for his brothers and Hercules too. (His brothers and Hercules are my mom’s dogs and our dog Elvis lives with them.) We got some stuff for Kitty too. Then we got some dinner at the Mc Donald’s, or as Catherine says, “Mick-A-Dees”. Then we went to church. After that, when it was late, back to the Wal-Mart I went, without the kids, and did a little Christmas shopping of my own. I like that the Wal-Mart is open 24 hours now. That is the only way to beat the crowds there.

Today we have been cleaning and baking cookies. We have made gingersnaps, chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies so far. We have plans to make snickerdoodles and sugar cookies too. Maybe we will make those next weekend. I have great cookie cutters. They belong to my grandma and my dad used to cut cookies with them when he was a little boy. Now my kids can cut cookies with them.

Finally, someone, I won’t name any names or point any fingers, but someone has mentioned that they thought I might have turned into a religious fanatic or something because we started going to church. That is not true. I am just as religious now as I ever was and I still pretty much feel the same about most organized churches. However, later this week I will explain about the one we have been going to and the reason behind it. I will not do it today though. This is long enough already.

************************************

The Blair Witch Kitty Project


I found this video in my camera. I do not know where it came from. It's a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.