Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Million Little Things

First, it was recently pointed out to me that on two occasions over the past few weeks, I had said on here that I would post pictures and information about some adventures we took. Then I did not do it. Well, EXCUSE ME! I have my reasons.

On March 30, I posted that we were going to Seaworld that night. Then nothing. Well, people, there are no pictures because it was NIGHT TIME! Shamu is black, it was dark… what can I say. We did have fun though. We went because it was passport member’s night and we got to see the sneak previews of two new night time shows they were starting for their “Spring Into Night” event. We saw a very funny show with the sea lions (that is my favorite) called “Sea Lions Tonight” and then we were the first ever audience to see the new Shamu show “Shamu Rocks”. I must say I liked it a lot more than I liked the regular Shamu show. Not that the regular Shamu show sucks or anything.

I had previously posted that we would be going camping on Easter and I did not post pictures or anything on that either. Well, the reason for that is, that camping trip was sort of a dud. First, David almost had to work so we could not go. He did not find out if he could work different times until the last minute. Then, once I had finally made the reservation (Thursday night before Easter), we found out he would have to work both Saturday morning and Sunday night. They seem a little short staffed at PetsMart. They have a sign out in front asking for applicants. If anyone knows anyone who is looking for a job in the Oceanside/Tri-City area, send him or her over or tell him or her to apply on line. Anyway, we decided that since we were not going very far to camp, we would just go late and come home early. We were camping at Lake Jennings in Lakeside. The girls and I got everything ready Friday night and Saturday morning so when David got off work we could go. We left and got a little lost on the way (Thank You MapQuest!). We made it though without too much hassle. The campground was nice. The lake was pretty and they had a playground, horseshoe pits, and hiking trails. We had already reserved our campsite, but because we reserved it so late we ended up with a terrible one. It was all gravel and had RV hook ups in the middle of it. We made do though and put up our tents and made some hot dogs. Carolynn and I took a little hike and then she and Catherine went to the playground. David was asleep in the tent most of the time. The girls and I had a nice campfire, roasted marshmallows and told ghost stories. On Sunday, we got up and had breakfast, but before we could hide eggs or anything, it started to rain. Therefore, we decided to just pack up and head home. By the time we got home, David was on his way back to work. We ended up hiding eggs in the house that evening. It was not the worst trip ever or anything, it just was not worth talking about. Nevertheless, apparently, everyone is interested anyway, so there you go.

You may have noticed that there is a new adventure listed in our Upcoming Events. On April 27, 28, and 29 we will be in Las Vegas. Before anyone asks, no, that is not the vacation we have been planning from March. In fact, the vacation we had been planning in March has now officially been postponed indefinitely. There are several reasons for that decision.

1. The timing was not working. Between everyone’s work, school, and other activities we just could not find a perfect time to go. It was getting somewhat frustrating.

2. We figured with all of our passes to various places, our camping, and all of our regular lives we’d be pretty busy anyway.

3. The money we saved for vacation we spent. Carolynn wanted her own computer and a turtle for her birthday. She got both and neither was cheap. She also wants to have a birthday weekend adventure with two of her friends to Seaworld. She gets that too.

I think I made the right decision. Carolynn is going to have a great birthday and we will still have plenty of fun.

Las Vegas should be fun. We were not planning that, it just sort of happened. The opportunity presented itself and we said “Sure, why not?” The hotel is paid for. The gas money is paid for. Viva Las Vegas! Since David is the only one of us who has never been, he is planning the fun. I hope that he will not have to work and miss out. The girls want to go to Circus Circus and Excalibur. I might do a little gambling. If I hit it big, I will think of you all… while writing this blog from my mansion.

As I mentioned before, Carolynn is having herself a birthday this weekend. She already got her presents. She has her very own computer. Well, not exactly. She actually has to share the computer with her sister. She also got a new expansion for her Zoo Tycoon game. Therefore, with her having her own computer, I think we should expect a lot more on her Ocean View site. She also got a new turtle. Anyone who knows Carolynn or has read her webpage knows about her turtle obsession. I will not tell you about the turtle though. She is planning that for her website soon. This week we are going on a birthday adventure. I am taking Carolynn, Catherine, Kina, and Jessica to Seaworld this Saturday. Friday night the girls are sleeping over at our place. Saturday we are going to Seaworld. This is looking to be an all girl adventure. David will probably have to work. (Isn’t he lucky!) The girls want to stay until it closes and see all the shows. Then the girls will be sleeping over again Saturday night. Carolynn has been planning this for months.

Speaking of birthdays being planned for months, Catherine has seen what Carolynn has gotten for her birthday and if you know anything about kids… she is looking to her birthday to be like Carolynn’s. However, I pointed out to Catherine that Carolynn is turning 11 and to be fair (as Catherine insists) she should have a similar birthday to what Carolynn had when she turned eight. When Carolynn turned eight, she had a small sleepover with about three of her friends. They made super nachos, watched movies and played games. Catherine has deemed that as un-fair. Therefore, we are working out a compromise. She wants a hamster. I am against it because I do not think she will take care of it. She is still planning… her birthday is not until September so we shall see.

On the work front, I finally finished that catalog I had been working on. (That is what is giving me the time to write this at work today.) 84 pages of baskets… it is thrilling. We went through rounds of proofs and changes and finally it is being printed as we speak. They say they will have 3000 copies to me by the end of the month. We will see. I never did anything like this before so I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

In school news, both of my classes are going fine so far. Math started out easy but I think now that we went over the basics it will begin to get harder. Math is just not my strongest subject. I have a test tonight.

Well, I think that catches us up. I will try to update more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.