Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy Easter

Last night we had fish sticks for dinner. Well, everyone else had fish sticks for dinner. I do not like fish sticks, so I ate a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles. Yes, I know, that will surly help me lose weight. However, since I am the one stuck with the bicycle of death, I can eat the cereal if I want to.

After dinner, we went to the pool. Yes, the thrill of the pool; kids jumping, splashing and yelling. Carolynn was running while wet and on wet cement and fell hard on her butt. I told her a million times not to run. No one listens to me. Once I told her not to try to jump in the pool backwards and she did it anyway. She must have been four or five at the time. She jumped backward and came down with her chin on the edge of the pool. She still has a scar there.

After the pool and the kids went to bed, I was flipping the channels. The movie Easter Parade was on AMC so I watched it. I have seen it before and it is a very nice movie. You cannot go wrong with Fred Astaire dancing and Judy Garland singing. It is so sweet and romantic and they fall in love and live happily ever after. Awwww. What a wonderful movie.

Then back to reality. It was just a movie. I have concluded that romance is dead. I do not know when it died or who killed it, but it is gone. If there are people out there, sending flowers and buying candy or planning romantic get-aways and buying bottles of champagne, then I will eat an Easter bonnet… with all the frills upon it.

I can recall getting flowers three times ever. The first time was after I purchased my car, the Chrysler dealership sent me flowers. The second time, David’s mom sent me some for Christmas in 2005. Finally, a guy who owns a flower shop and buys baskets from me, gave me (and everyone else in the office) flowers for Easter. That was it. I will admit to being given boxes of candy; however, they were not given in any sort of romantic content. I like See’s candy and demand people buy it for me for Christmas. I think that I only received it because those purchasing it feared that if I did not get enough chocolate I might sprout horns and devour them instead. They are probably right. I have never been on any sort or get-away. Oh sure, I have been places. However, always with my kids in tow and never anywhere that might be considered romantic. I have never had champagne ever; not that I drink, but it is the principle of the thing.

It is okay though. I can deal with the death of romance. I doubt I would like champagne anyway. I am too practical to spend money on a vacation to some snooty, lace covered inn when I could use the same money and spend the day with the kids at Legoland. I do buy my own chocolates and cut flowers just die anyway and are a waste of money. I have potted herbs on my porch and a couple of flowering plants too. Romance would probably just disrupt my currently peaceful existence.

Maybe when I get home I will watch a few more movies… Pretty Woman might be good.

Today I am calling my boss Evil Bob Barker… because apparently all the prices are wrong.

11 comments:

  1. The last time I got flowers, I think it was from you, lmao. I've never gotten candy. The only time we drink champagne is New Years Eve. However, C did surprise me with an iPod (candy and flowers to me) and an incredibly sweet card "just because" a few months back. I take what I can get. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it is possible... romance may not be dead. Just on some serious life support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ken takes me out to hotels and things for special occasions. remember, you have watched the kids for that before. he sent me flowers while he was gone. so romance isnt dead, now i want a video of you eating said easter bonnet!!!!!!

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's it... I have no friends and you all suck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Aunt still gets and has always gotten flowers on most of our anniversaries and occationally on other occations, and the same with candy, yumm SEE's!!, always have ours hand packed for us, you know its fresher and you get what you really like in it, my favorite is the White Choclate Covered Cashew Brittle, if you've never tried I highly recommend. Come on the people that just go in and grab a box of the premade candy put nothing into getting something for you, it costs the same and sure means more to who you give it to by putting some effort in picking out what they really like or you hope they like. Shows the person getting it that you put some thought into it!! Also just a night or two away, even if its just Vegas or San Diego can be a fun time. So if you need someone to talk to David, you just let me know, you know me, I'm not bashful and don't care what others think, lol lol. Also did you ever find the oh-long tea, we have to get it at an asian market up here in Victorville.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, David an I don't have that sort of relationship. He did buy me choclates for Christmas though. He's much more likely to buy me a soda though. He is also very likely to drink it for me too. lol.

    Well I am glad to hear some people out there are involved in some romantic goings on. I however will keep my romance in the movies... for now... Pretty woman, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, 50 First Dates, The Wedding Singer... the list goes on.

    And no I never found that tea. I will have to brave some Asian markets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forget the candy and the flowers give me a guy that does the laundry and makes sure my favorite nightie is on the bed when I go and take my shower. Champagne gives me a headache, I prefer a good vintange Miller Lite. Catherine and I watched 50 first dates about fifty time with our GOOD EYE....excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did a hacker get into this site on you also. LMAO, how romantic can it be for someones guy to do her laundry, sounds like pure laziness on her part and not much of a man on his part, but if that makes a woman happy, how sad. Still LMAO!! For all you romantic men out there that want to keep a flame burning in your relationship and keep it for a lifetime, keep the flowers and candy coming through the years. WOW--STILL LMAO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No hackers here... and if I found me a guy who kept my laundry done, made sure I always had fresh jammies and brought me a Pepsi.. I wouldn't kick him out of bed. Add in a steady job and someone who doesn't cheat... and I think that is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heck yea, Real Men do laundry, dishes, and change diapers too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't get me wrong in anyway, men should do their far share of everything around the house including laundry, but if that is something that can be classified by a woman as romantic, I feel for her cause something has to be missing in that relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.