Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Hunt Begins

David is looking for a new job. He has been working at the PetsMart since November, but apparently, he does not want to anymore. They recently got some new management there and he seems pretty unhappy with it. They told him they would make him full time and give him a raise and benefits. They had him working full time hours, but no benefits and no raise. Then they just transferred someone from another store to fill the vacant full time position and bumped him down to 15 hours a week. After 2 months of working full time hours, that sucks. Anyways, he is looking for a new job. He has also enrolled in college so I suppose that will make more of a challenge for him, but if I can work full time and still go to school, I am sure he could manage. There is a funny part to this story of unemployment. David went and got his hair cut so he would look extra nice for job hunting and interviews. The barbershop for some reason gave him a military cut! (Probably because we live so close to Camp Pendleton.) He looks so weird.



The kids have gotten off to a nice start at school. I will try to bully them into updating their pages soon. Carolynn is not getting home until almost 4:00 now and she already has homework. I told her it would not get any easier either so she better suck it up.

I would like to thank the well-wishers who were so quick to point out that people my age should stick to cars rather than bikes. Well DUH! I would love to. Just tell me what car it is that magically allows you to lose weight while driving. If I had my mothers figure instead of Henrietta Hippo’s figure, that would not be a problem. Oh, well. I guess I will suffer out the bike riding and hope that it helps.

For those of you keeping track, today I was calling my boss Cranky- The Eighth Dwarf.

1 comment:

  1. Well I once had a car with the heater stuck on....driving that car in the summer and a person could lose several pounds. And I once knew a guy with a VW that did not have a starter, you just pushed it and when you got it rolling you jumped in popped the clutch and away you went. Both of those cars were pretty figure friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.