Saturday, August 18, 2007

What Was I Thinking?

Yesterday I bought a bike. Both the girls and David have bikes, I figured if I had one we could ride together. David rides his bike to work. Carolynn will ride her bike to school starting next week. I could use some exercise. Good plan right? Well, my brain thinks so, but the rest of me is in serious disagreement.

Today we did some cleaning. I am working on the laundry. We had some errands to run: take the cans to the recycling center, go to the shoe store, and get a burger at Burger King. You know important stuff like that. We went to the World Market because someone said they were a fan of ooh-long tea and I wanted to give it a go. They did not have it in the Albertson’s. Anyway, the World Market did not have it either. I did get some nice Japanese tea. We looked around in the Bed, Bath and Beyond after that. (It is next door to World Market.) Then we went to the Best Buy. (It is next to the Bed, Bath and Beyond.) There was some band signing autographs in there. I had no idea who they were. They looked like something my cousin Alyssa would like. They were called Blaqk Audio. I have no idea what kind of music it is, but I saw them. I also bought Forrest Gump on DVD. I had not seen that one in awhile.

After we returned from the stores, I decided to go on a little bike ride with Carolynn. We only rode a few blocks, but I seriously thought I was going to die. My legs hurt and I was just defeated. Carolynn laughed and laughed. Oh, well I tried. Now that I have the bike, I will try again and again and it will get easier and easier. At least I hope it will.

I am cooking beef stroganoff for dinner. Tomorrow we are going to Seaworld.

4 comments:

  1. yeah i feel very similar when i try and ride a bike. now that the kids are older i am sure they would laugh at me!

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why old people have cars. If old people were supposed to ride bikes they would come equiped with syrus radio and blue tooth capability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine, but not all of us can be skinny old ladies. Some of us need the help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I am not a skinny old lady....I am a svelt senior citizen.....

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.