Sunday, September 09, 2007

A Hollywood Adventure

Yesterday, the girls and I, my mom, my sister and my cousin, went on a Hollywood adventure. Most of it was excellent. There will be some movies about it. I am waiting for the other members of our adventuring party to hand over their pictures. I have Carolynn’s pictures and mine ready.

Here is a quick recap of our adventure…

Pink’s Hot Dog Stand was cool. The chili dogs were only okay. The chili was a little greasy.

The Farmer’s Market had many interesting smells. I got some Oolong Tea from a cool teashop there. We also had some awesome green tea there. I got some to take home too, but when I got home, I realized I had the same tea in a can I got at the World Markey, so I am giving that one to my mom. My sister and cousin ate ice cream with Fruity Pebbles on it.

China Town was an experience. They will haggle with you of everything and everything is so cheap.

Olvera Street was cool. It was very historic and had a lot of Mexican history. They also had some amazing food.

Hollywood was crazy. There were nuts as far as the eye could see.

The House Of Blues was cool, but Aly and AJ or on my hit list. Those little divas ruined the evening.

First, our tickets said the concert was supposed to start at 7:30. We got there at 6:45 and waited in line until almost 8:00 before they even started letting people in. Then my mom and I had to give some security guards a verbal punch in the face because they were giving us a hard time and made Catherine cry. I mean really people… these were little kids they were frisking and searching and such. We had already been waiting a long time. Nevertheless, we got in and the security guard who let us in came in and bought us drinks.

Then there was the venue itself. It was basically a bar. Three sides bar and one side stage. And no chairs, standing room only. For little girls. Lots of little girls. Probably the average age was 12. Then Aly and AJ did not even take the stage until 9:45. They made little girls STAND and wait 2 hours and 15 minutes. Catherine was half-asleep by about 10:15. We were out of there by 10:20. We heard, from the same security guard that let us in, that it was Aly and AJ who caused this mess. They were late getting there, late doing their sound check (which is why we couldn’t even go in until after 8:00); they were not supposed to have an opening act, and they did, Frankie Jordan (she wasn’t terrible either, but the crowd was so tired of waiting for Aly and AJ she didn’t have a chance.); and they didn’t go on until 9:45 when the concert was planned to be over by 9:30. Needless to say, my mom will be getting her money back for that big waste of time. Carolynn enjoyed the songs, but she was tired, her legs hurt, she was having trouble seeing and being squished by people around her.

We finally got home around 1:15 am. Everyone is just beat. Stay tuned for our Hollywood Epic video of the whole thing.

20 comments:

  1. I was going to ask you about those two girls, every picture or video we see of them looks like a couple of lil Rosie O'Donnells, lol lol, crawling all over each other the way they do, sure doesnt look like something little kids should be seeing, so are they??? Did you eat there at the HOB's?? Their menu looks awesome, some down home southern food??? Did you try Pinks kraut??? Also did you get the ohhlong tea to bring home or did you just try it, it is our favorite asian tea. So did you come across any celebs???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aly and AJ are sisters I think. They are a Disney channel thing so they are totally meant for 12 year olds. Nope didn't eat at the House Of Blues. Looked cool though. Didn't try the kraut, just the chili dogs as that is what they are most famous for. We tried some green sencha tea that was good. I bought some oolong tea to take home... regular and peach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, if they are sisters, I guess its ok to crawl all over each other the way they do, lol lol. Hanna Montana, now she has talent!! Are you going to see the Hanna Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Both Worlds concert???? Now that will probably be good. Just thought they looked like a couple of Blond Brittany Spear's wanna be's, and wow has she ever ruinned her life for now. Turned total trash..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We originally wanted to see Hannah Montana. We love her, but the tickets were sold out in about a milisecond and we didn't get any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, they sold out up in Oakland and Sacramento within minites, my sister's grand daughters wanted so badly to see them, but wasn't meant to be either, and that was at big places, not lil places like HOB's, she is really popular, but she is a good influence and she seems like a girl that her dad keeps her in line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. Hannah Montana is an excellent role model for little girls. I also like Raven-Simone, Hilary Duff and Ashley Tisdale. I am very dissapointed in Aly and AJ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pictures are on the way, we went and printed out about 100 pictures so you would have some for scrapbooking. We will bring them when we come to Pala on Sunday. Aly and Aj were pretty good once the hit the stage. They were cute Sarah got some good pictures she will be sending, you in the tube. They needed to re-think the venue,a standing room only place like the HOB was not great for kids, and Aly and Aj need to remember who their fan base is, and get on stage on time. Other then that we had a great time and i will look forword to your video.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I want to see that tube full of pictures from everybody. Then I can make my movies. Carolynn said she enjoyed the music but not the standing. But she used her money to buy Hannah Montana's CD anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep Hanna Montana, has it all over Aly and Aj. To tell the truth until Carolynn said she wanted to go to see them I had no idea who they were. I just saw Hanna Montana for the first time last week. Hanna/ Miley you can so not tell once she puts on that wig.....I watch the food network and the MLB channels. I thought it was funny that out of all the stars pictures in pinks, Catherine was excited that Rachel Ray had been there. Bobby Flay won the show down, perhaps his chili was a little less greasy. Dodger dogs are still on my top 5, and the hot dogs in chicago are pretty tastey too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so how long do we have to wait for the picture show?????

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have it up as soon as I gather all the pictures. There were 6 cameras and 5 people involved in this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That could be a long wait if we are waiting for the same person that was supposed to send the music for your Sat. adventure video a few weeks back, will check back next month, lol lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. For all the people that are waiting to see pictures of our adventure, there are a ton of pictures for Jenny to look through. We did a lot in one day thats for sure. The music was sent for the last adventure it just wasn't compatable with the program she is using so if you want to here a Monkeys song I guess you can catch them at napster, or if you have an Ipod you can get it at Itunes. I think a California kind of song would be great for this video the beach boys or Jan and Dean or the mamas and the papas. We will all just have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So who is taking over your site

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man you have a control freak there, dont you "Jenny", lol lol Just calling it how I see it. If we get to California anytime soon, we will have to have your same tour guide, lol lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL LOL STFU WITH YOUR LOL LOL LOLOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. i mean really, do you actually stop and laugh -twice- while typing? or is that just there to show your IQ is lower than 90?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank You and Good Night. That concludes all posting of comments to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow who woke your ass up David, go back to walmart, iq, iq, iq whats with the STFU??? now thats a very low iq abbreviation, LOL LOL 2U, who invited U to CA anyways, go back to TX--OK C I can feed right into your trash talking, wash your little boy mouth out with soap is what you need.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.