Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mothers

You know how when your little you think, “When I grow up, I don’t want to be anything like my mother.” Then one day you are 30, driving along and BAM! It hits you. The similarities between you are your mother are many and you sit and wonder, just how did this happen?

Exhibit A-

My mom’s first marriage was a dud. My first marriage was a dud. But you can't change the past and you can't take it back. All you can do is move on. It's a good thing learned that from her, or else the bodies would be piling up...

Exhibit B-


At least we each got two kids out of the whole debacle. And aren't we cute too? Look, I think that was the last time ever that my hair laid flat.

Exhibit C-


If I one day married a guy like my dad, that wouldn’t be so bad. He and my mom don't like everything the same. My mom is a little bit country and my dad is way more than a little bit rock and roll. My dad likes sports and my mom likes sports foods. Whatever, they've been together for about 20 years so I guess it's working out for them.

Throw these terrible coincidences in with the fact that sometimes I say things I have heard her say, and there you have it. Mini-Mom. Really mini, because I think my mom is like a million feet tall and I am barely 5 feet. Okay, so I do not look like her at all. Nevertheless, trust me; I am slowly turning into my own mother. I am still debating whether I am going to accept that. Of course we are not exactly alike, which is good, because who wants everyone to be the same? However, I guess it is not so bad. Maybe it is just because I am getting old. At least I never had a hair-do like my moms in that first picture. HAHAHA!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, when I gave you that picture little did I know it would end up published..... What can I say...The hair was groovy...well actually groovy is a sixties word and that was the seventies....so perhaps "bitchin" would be a good word. Yep that was over thirty years ago, way before I got grey hair and wrinkles.
    You are right about the mom thing...I have opened my mouth on many occasions and my Mothers words and sometimes her accual voice have come out...a little scary don't ya think?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of sports foods, baseball food is different where ever you go. Fenway has clam chowder, Wrigley has Chicago dogs, LA has dodger dogs.....But Football fans; they know how to tail gate. Pro football or college football no matter the tailgaters will get there at the crack of dawn to set up camp. They bring boom boxes, video games and TV sets. They don't just put some dogs on the little grill....we are talking about a feast. Chicken, steak, ribs all kinds of beans, salads..you name it. You do not even need a ticket to the game just show up in the parking lot, wear a football jersey and bring a fork.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So there is football food and baseball food, what kind of foods do other sports have? What is Nascar food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nascar Tailgating, there is nothing like it, starting when the gates open and going until the gates close. Were not talking small hibachi size bbq's, were talking full size BAR B QUES!! We've done Teriyaki Chicken and steaks when we've had a group with us, last time we did carne asada and pollo chicken and tortillas, and the fixens. At the California track you see more mexican flare food and sausages and such. Now when we went to North Carolina last year, we tailgated two days for both races and one day had Cat Fish and Ribs, and the second day was BBQed steak. If you go to the New England tracks they even do Lobster on the grill. As in all sports, each area you go to, you will find a different taste in food. For Christmas last year your aunt bought me a tailgating cook book called BIG JOHN'S SPEEDWAY GRILL, it has recipe's from all the nascar tracks. All recipes in it are done on the grill, there is even recipes for breads to pies, alot of unusual things to make. It sure shows you how people across the states have totally different tastes. There is just no comparison to tailgating at a race. True race fans just dont show up right before the race, they spend all day at the track. I have cousins that are graduates of USC and they go to all the home USC football games, they go early in the morning before a game and some of the food they tell us they have is things like spinach dip, quich, and drink bottles of wine, has to be a total different kind of crowd there. But then again I am sure the UCLA crowd probably has there hotdogs and beer, lol uncle steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Nascar food is like football food... Whatever you can grill.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.