Monday, January 14, 2008

Life Is Short



On my first week or so working at Jenna Baskets, in May of 2006, a woman called to place an order. I had no idea what I was doing yet and I was the only one here. However, the woman was very kind and was very understanding that I had just started. She told me not to worry, everyone was new sometime.

About a week later, the same woman, Pat Norris from Butterfly Nurseries in Vista, California, came in to purchase baskets. She brought me a plant (pictured at the top), so I could have something on my desk for my new job. She was so nice. As long as I have been working here, she and her husband Victor were some of my favorite customers. This summer Victor passed away. He had been sick for a long time. I learned this morning that Pat passed away last week on Thursday. My heart goes out to her family and to the people at Butterfly Nurseries.

**********

On another note, much more positive, today is my friend Paula’s birthday. Just so you know, she is old… older than me. (By like 2 ½ months, but that counts.)

1 comment:

  1. What a nice thing to do, even a small plant was a big deal, to the person that got it. That is sad her husband was sick for a long time, I guess she went quickly.
    You know I worried about my dad, since my mom passed away. I have seen that happen so many times with married couples one passes on and the other sometimes is not far behind.
    He is in good health, he had his batteries checked today and he is good to go. But I worry about the bordom of being alone too much.
    Today I took him to the heart doctor, then we went to San Manuel and hung out for a couple of hours until lunch time because we wanted to eat at a little german place near there. The food was very good we had red cabbage, and weinershitzel and german potato salad and sausages. It was pretty inexpensive too. But "Big Jer" won 159.00 at San Manuel so he picked up the check.....yea Grandpa.
    This weekend we are going to Stateline since Mike and I have monday off. Grandpa has never been there, so it will be a new adventure for him. We are going to hang out with some friends for the football playoffs. My dad said Barry might join us on Sunday because he is going to Vegas for a wedding. Go New England!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.