1. I am reading Love In The Time Of Cholera. So far, it is very good. It is keeping me hooked, as I want to learn what happens to these people. The downside is it is very descriptive and sometimes I just do not care about what they were wearing that much. In addition, there are no chapters. I like to read and stop at chapters.
2. I spent a good portion of yesterday working on reading websites. There are three that people seem to use: LibraryThing, Good Reads, and Shelfari. The chicks in my book group use these and my friend Trisha uses them too. I was pretty sure I was already signed up with Good Reads and LibraryThing so I started there.
I went to LibraryThing first. I messed with it for a bit and I did not like it. It was not user friendly. At this point, I figured all of the other sites would be just as boring as that one and I didn’t need to get involved in them.
Then I got an e-mail from Good Reads. I get those now and again telling me that my account was still there. So, I figured, why not? I went to Good Reads. Well, this site was way better then LibraryThing. I cleared what ever I had done when I started it (April 2007) and started over. I spent the morning adding books and getting it all set up with my stuff. You can check it out by clicking here. I also have a button for it on my sidebar.
After I spent all that time on Good Reads, I had just about decided that there was no need to try Shelfari. Then I went to my book group site to post about my new Good Reads stuff, and I read that Trish really preferred Shelfari. Then I remembered she had written something about them on her blog a while back, so I checked for that. In addition, another chick in the book group was also a fan of the site. After that, I figured I could at least check it out. Therefore, I did, and it is great. The people are friendly; the site is very user friendly and very enjoyable. You can check it out here. There's a list on my sidebar too. This one turned out to be my favorite of the three.
3. I did my errands. I got my grocery shopping done. I balanced up the ol’ checkbook. I paid the electric bill. I went with David to upgrade his phone. He got a new Razor. (It was the free upgrade one.) I did a little cleaning.
4. Carolynn was sleeping over at Jessica’s house last night, so David, Catherine and I went to the new Denny’s down the street for a bite to eat. Then David wanted to go to the Barnes and Noble to get a new book. I need a new book like I need a hole in the head, but I can’t go in and not come out with a new book. I figured I could just get one from my book list. However, I did not even do that. I brought home A Is For Alibi by Sue Grafton.
5. The oven is not working again, so Shake and Bake pork chops will be, well, I do not know. If you have a good pork chop recipe, let me know. I will try foodtv.com.
That’s it. That was the whole weekend. The kids go back to school tomorrow. Carolynn should be starting her book list soon. She was waiting for school to start for some reason.