Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Adventures In Moving

Grandpa is moving on February 16. You may have figured that out if you have been keeping up with the comments on the previous post. It will seem so strange to have my Grandpa living somewhere besides the mobile home. He has lived there my whole life. But it's going to be a great change for him. I never want him to say he's sitting around twiddling his thumbs ever again. As you can tell, my mom has some great plans. There is a nice senior center in Apple Valley. I know someone who already goes there and she enjoys it. They have a nice new movie theater. He can join a bowling league. I really agree with my mom that this is the best thing. He will be able to enjoy life.

But moving...

There are 32 years worth of stuff in that trailer. I know my Grandma wasn't much of a pack rat and we have been cleaning it out a little at a time. My Grandpa has been slowly clearing out some stuff by giving it to those who can use it. I got some kitchen stuff and a CD rack. My sister got some stuff to set up her new home with her new husband. My aunt got some chairs that had some meaning for her and some garden animals. But we still have to get the rest packed and moved and get everything cleaned out and cleaned up. Everyone will be pitching in. Even Catherine can help by watching the dogs or marking boxes or cleaning. David, the girls, and I are going to all pitch in.

This weekend I am going to Pala with my parents and Grandpa. I am taking Monday off too. The girls are hoping to go to Seaworld on Saturday. Our passes expire soon.

I hope every one is enjoying my new Valentine's Day theme. After this I have a cool NASCAR theme, then a St. Patrick's theme, and an Easter theme. Then, who knows what kind of theme's I can come up with.

3 comments:

  1. Well like you said a lot of stuff has already been boxed up and moved out. He is leaving a few things for the new owner who is a nurse. As soon as she gets "park approval" she wants to have the place tented for termites before she moves in. Grandpa is ready to go and seems to be pretty excited about the move. He doen't like being by himself so much, he watches TV and he falls asleep off and on all day. He does go golfing with Barry every once in a while but he can still do that. Barry has been his friend for well over fity years that will not change.
    He can golf at Jess Ranch with the other old folks. They play cards everyday at the senior center, hearts, spades, pinocle, and he knows how to play. He is getting better at joining in and doing things. I do not mind going with him to break the ice, but then he can just go over with some of his homemade Chex mix and play cards while I am at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fine. We will all pitch in and it will be a surprise how fast we will be done. Then Grandpa will be all moved and happier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and he could make me some Chex mix too. :) Sarah and I tried to make it, but we failed.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.