Sunday, April 13, 2008

Blog Of The Week

I came up with is idea sometime last week and I had to plan it out and think it over before I announced it. Anyway, here it goes. Every Sunday, I will feature a blog I have found, why I enjoy it and why you should read it too. (I was going to make it every Friday, but I always get so busy on Fridays. Besides, I do two memes in a row Wednesday and Thursday and I thought that it might be too much.) I even made a nifty little digital award to go with it. I believe that blogs are a great way of communication. It is personal and fun. It gives you a place to be just you and to share with the rest of the world. It is also a great way to meet other interesting bloggers and make some new e-friends.

In choosing my very first Blog Of The Week, I really had to think it over. I read about ten blogs pretty regularly. I could easily have started with my mom’s blog because she is new and she is my mom. I could have chosen Trisha’s blog because she is the one who helped me start my first one several years ago. I could have chosen Carolynn’s blog or Catherine’s blog because they are my kids. However, in the end, I chose Carla’s Blog.

Carla, (also known as Eve in my book group), has not been blogging for a long time. She started her blog in September of last year. She is in her late 50’s and married. Her husband is quite a bit older than she is, in his late 70’s and resides in a long-term care facility. They have one daughter and four grandkids. The whole clan resides in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Carla lives with her daughter and grandkids.

Why do I like this blog? It is because Carla inspires me. Despite the fact that she has some health problems or her husband is no longer able to live at home, she still finds the good in the world. She uses many great pictures and bright colors. Despite the age difference between her and me, we have a lot in common. Besides the fact that we are in the same book group, she enjoys taking pictures and cooking. And of course blogging.

So this week, our blog of the week is Carla’s blog, called Adamswife’s Weblog. Check it out. She usually has something new daily. She participates in several meme’s including Wordless Wednesday and Thursday 13, which I also do. She does Haiku Friday, which is very creative. Last November, she also completed NaBloPoMo.

Good luck Carla with that blog. I hope you enjoy doing it as much as I like reading it. I cannot wait to see what comes next.

Come back next week to see who our new Blog of the Week will be.

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea, and Carla sounds like a very cool person. I like that she has a list of Boggers that are over fifty. The whole myspace world is a bunch of young kids trying to be cool. Or old guys trying to pretend they are young and cool.....it is a scarry place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that she is cool. You should join the bloggers over 50 list. You might meet some new people that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I just need to figure out how to get on the list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring me. *blush* I enjoyed all the nice things you had to say. I've added you to my blogroll so I can check on all your "Blog of the week" listings.

    Arlene, to join Bloggers over 50 go here http://bloggerover50.blogspot.com/
    Scroll down until you come to the paragraph in fluorescent green that begins "To join, . . ."

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome. It's important to spread the word on excellent blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom... I signed you up with the bloggers over 50 list you saw on Carla's blog. It could take a day or two for you to appear on their list.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.