Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thursday 13- Edition 10



13 Things You Can Do To Make The World Just A Little Nicer


1. Always hold the door for people with strollers or wheelchairs.
2. Send flowers to your friend when she gets a new job.
3. Help elderly folks with getting their groceries to the car even though you don’t work at Albertson’s.
4. Buy lunch for a friend just because it takes her mind off of her terrible job.
5. Wave back to random little kids in strollers or shopping carts instead of pretending you can’t seem them waving.
6. Send cards in the mail to people you know for no reason.
7. Support small businesses.
8. Send fruit and food rather than flowers to someone when a loved one passes away. (Flowers are bright and cheerful, then wilt and die and are thrown away. Not exactly a good pick-me-up for someone in mourning, in my opinion.)
9. Politely and safely tell someone they are driving around with their gas tank open.
10. Always thank your child’s teacher.
11. Donate your unused things to charity.
12. Help short people reach items on high shelves if you are taller. (seriously... please)
13. Write a list of 13 reasons people should hire your daughter and put it on your blog.

7 comments:

  1. What nice list. If only more people thought like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been the recipient of more than one item on Jennifer's list. I can speak from experience and say that she's one of, if not the most selfless, caring, and nicest people that I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet list and one more people need to follow. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely list. I do a few of these things already, but I'll try harder to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! They are all so true, too. It really is the simple things that add up. I can't tell you how many times people have slammed the door on me and my son in his stroller. It takes three seconds to hold it open, and it makes my day when someone does!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got to your blog Jennifer from your mother's? blog telling my why to hire you. I wish I had a job for you...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know that simple acts of kindness can make a persons day. When we were in Nashville we ate at a waffle house everyday...our waitress was funny and nice and her name was Sunshine, When we got home we sent her a postcard from California, I bet she laughed when she got it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.