Friday, June 27, 2008

A Week Of Unemployment

Last week at this time, I was about to enjoy my last day in the basket business. Jo Anna, Arturo, and I had some Mexican food for lunch. It was yummy.

Here it is a week later… I have no job. I have applied for more than I can count. I applied for unemployment. I am not sure I qualify, since I quit, but I figured that it could not hurt. Besides, I think it would be required for me and the girls to get on state medical. I have been on one promising interview. Everyone keep their fingers crossed.

On the home front, we should know what the heck is going on sometime this morning. The owner has not gotten back with the rental agent yet. Nicole, our agent, has called and left messages, but still nothing. The owner knows we have to move quickly. We understand there were painters over there today. It is very frustrating because if this one is not it, then I NEED to be out looking for a new one. I like this one though. I will keep you updated.

Well, as sleep and me are not friends, I will get on with my day. I reserved a U-Haul for Sunday. Today I have to get over to the bank and continue my packing and cleaning extravaganza.

Until later…

6 comments:

  1. Well I hope that you hear something soon so you can get to moving your stuff. I would think the owners would be happy to get the rent money. I thought perhaps you would be moving on saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been hoping to move Saturday too, but I wanted to stay in here as long as possible while I am waiting on the new place. VIP opens at 10 so hopefully I hear something soon. Maybe if I can get the house part going, then I can get the job part going. I look for jobs everyday, all day on and off. Literally hundreds of applications and resumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I can help on saturday with anything not to heavy remember I am an old bat........I hope that you hear from them or call them and see whats going on as soon as they open. Once you are in the house you can find some kind of job at least until something better comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your help would be appreciated, if I had somewhere to move to on Saturday. It's already Friday, so I am thinking I may not even be able to get the keys and stuff until Monday. Oh well, we will manage whatever we have to do. Then I can find that job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah will be here to help, she may be able to get some of her friends to help out they are young and strong......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, Sarah and her friends can help us move our stuff to storage and pitch a tent out in the desert and live with the cactus and jackrabbits.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.