Yesterday's high was 108 degrees. Aren't we glad we moved from the perfect weather of San Diego to the desert?
Thirteen Ways To Keep Cool
1. Home Air Conditioning- Ours doesn't seem to be working right. I can set it to 50 degrees and the air blowing never gets any cooler. I am going to call on that tomorrow.
2. Car Air Conditioning- Mine doesn't work. I took it to the dealership, they said they fixed it, it worked for a day, and now it doesn't work. They better fix it or someone owes me $171.00.
3. Water Bottles- We've gone through 3 cases in a week and a half.
4. Cold Washcloth- I keep mine in the freezer.
5. Ice Cream- My refrigerator was delivered today, so tomorrow I intend to get some. 6. Electric Fans- We have one in my livingroom, one in Catherine's room and a ceiling fan in my room. We need more fans.
7. Cold Showers- Our water heater was broken until yesterday, so we took a few of those.
8. Pools- There is a public pool nearby, the girls' aunts have a pool at their house, and we have a wading pool in the back yard.
9. Shopping- Well, if you have the money. If you have the willpower, you can shop for things you may want to purchase in the future and enjoy the free air conditioning in the stores.
10. Sprinklers- We have some in the front yard, but the yard is too crappy right now. This may work next summer though.
11. Getting Naked- This will only work if you are home alone. However, the cats and the turtle may never be the same.
12. Ice Cubes- Carolynn sucks them, we put them in drinks and in the cats water dish.
13. Watching Christmas Movies- Sing Jingle Bells, watch White Christmas, and psych yourself out.