Saturday, December 27, 2008

Always Be Prepared

In just a few short days, I will be back at work. With my new job, I will not be available to be here all the time to remind my children to clean up after themselves or to shower and brush their teeth. I must have the laziest children in town. Anyway, in the time I have before I go, I am developing a new system. We are going to start with a total house clean up. We are implementing a new point based chore system that will be easy for me to monitor and see which member of our team in sitting on the bench. Team members who play ball get allowance and other incentives. Benchwarmers get their stuff removed. I hung a sign in the girls bathroom reminding them that no one likes stinky people and showers and soap are needed. We developed a system for organizing the schedules of four people- that includes jobs, school, and activities (Carolynn’s band and track and Catherine wants to play softball). I developed a new budgeting system to make sure each bill is paid in full and on time. It also allows for savings and fun. Look, I can afford fun again. Once the new job starts things will need to be purchased in order to keep everything running smoothly. I will finally get my washer and dryer. New laundry hampers will be in order. David will be purchasing a bus pass to easily get him where he needs to go. Catherine will be reactivating her cell phone so I can even more easily access anyone I need to. All need dressers. Carolynn needs more shelves.

In a short time, my life will be again under my control. No longer will I sit sadly and look for jobs. Well, I already stopped doing that. No longer will I have to struggle to pay my bills. No longer will I be unable to afford the slightest hint of fun. I will be able to do the things I once enjoyed. Things such as eating out, shopping with the girls, reading books, filling my iPod, and more.

It only took 6 months, a move to a new city, 526 e-mails, countless applications, many interviews, a strange stint as a fish tank cleaner at a pet store (that still has not paid me), and the help and kindness of my family and friends to finally get my life back.

4 comments:

  1. Well it sounds like a great plan, start out with a clean house and then if everyone just picks up after themselves it should not be too bad. Of course toilets and sinks and laundry will need to be done but if you have a chart one or two loads of laundry and batroom clean up once a week is not to much to ask.
    Once your training is done you will be working overtime and late nights and weekends, Mike and I can pick up kids and get them to softball or band so having all the activities posted will be very helpfull. I am sure Nicole would be happy to helpout as well, Allison plays T-ball so they may have paractices close together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. That is the plan. Keep organized. That is the only way to keep everything under control. There will be more time to have fun and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I stay pretty busy and when I have time off my dad has me taking him here and there, but it is a good thing to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure sound happy. Having a plan should help everyone with the change. Good luck with your new job.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.