Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sunday Brunch

Today the girls and I went out with my mom. Sunday is football day at her house. My dad and my Grandpa watch football all day. My mom is not a big fan of football, so us girls went out to do some Christmas shopping. Before we headed off to fight the crowds, we stopped for brunch at Marcelino’s. Mexican food is my favorite food, and Marcelino’s is my favorite place to get it. I haven’t been there in a long time though, funds have been low as you know. They have a Sunday brunch buffet. I had beans and rice, enchiladas, chile relleno, huevos rancheros, and pork fajitas. It was all fabulous. I could totally eat there every single day. After we were stuffed full of all the delicious Mexican food we could eat, we headed off to brave the mall. My mom wanted to go to the See’s Candy and look in some other stores. I finished off most of my Christmas shopping. I have to pick up one thing for David and one thing for Taylor. I know what I am getting for both, so it should be easy and I will be done this week. I am going to be making many presents, but I will wait until it gets closer to Christmas.

When we got home, we did some wrapping and made cookies. My mom got me some new baking supplies yesterday; mixing bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, and a spoonula. She also gave me a cookie press. We made some cookies with it today. I wanted to try it out now, before I try to make my gifts. They came out pretty tasty. The press came with a recipe for some savory cheesy crackers. I want to try that one too. I have some great ideas for tasty gifts.

Tomorrow I will be ringing the bell at the Stater Bros. in the afternoon. Tomorrow is also Monday, and that means another week with hopes that I get a job. I have faith and hope.

4 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your bell ringing adventures. I bet you could write a book about all the different people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well cheesy crackers sounds like fun. Marcelino's does have the best Mexican food on earth. I am pretty much done with the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow we will have a bell ringer post. Today I am too tired and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum I love Mexican food! I too could eat it everyday. I had Taco Bell for lunch. I know bad Mexican food but still Mexican food. What kind of cookies did you make?

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.