Wednesday, January 07, 2009

These Boots Were Made For Walkin'

Today was long. We learned a lot today. My head is very full. I am enjoying my new job. A few things that I am not liking though. They told us that they would be issuing us boots and a uniform allowance. They told us we needed to buy uniforms and wear them by Friday of next week. Now she says there is a bit of a backlog and she has no idea when we might get boots and the uniform allowance will not come until next Thursday or Friday. However, we still need to have uniforms by next Friday. You cannot just go out to the store and buy them; you have to order them from a catalog. The boots I can go buy at a store. (I spoke to Nicole about where to get boots. She buys work boots for my brother.) None of this stuff is cheap either. The other part I do not like about this situation, they still have not told us which uniforms we need. There are three catalogs full of different stuff. I do not know what I need right away and what I do not need and what is optional. That is a moot point for now though, since even if I knew what to buy, the six dollars in my bank account is not going to cut it. David is paid on Friday of next week. I have thirty dollars sitting on the table for gas money and bus fare to last until then; I will not get my first paycheck until the 29th. It is not as if they are trying to make this difficult. It is just that they are short handed in general and the entire staff is going through a yearly training thing so that makes it worse.

Oh well, I am sure I will work it out. All of my bills are caught up and I will get a nice bonus. (Though I heard that taxes would take a big part of my bonus.) By the end of this month, I should be on track and going forward with everything taken care of.

In other news, Carolynn and Catherine both did pretty well with the chores today. Yesterday did not go so well. Monday they did fine because my mom was here watching them. Yesterday they were on their own. David was here for part of the day, so the kitchen was cleaned and a few things were done. However, Catherine was not even dressed and her room had not been cleaned in days. Today when I got home, and I got home early unexpectedly, her room was clean and she was dressed. Many other chores were done too. I taught Carolynn how to make chili for dinner. I packed some to take for lunch tomorrow. David has tomorrow off. He will be home with the girls all day.

There really is very little to tell about my new job. There are no pictures allowed. Not even of the outside. However, you can see it if you check the website. I am not allowed to tell you much about what I do, but that is just the way it goes. Perhaps tomorrow I can post a recipe or something. I know… soaps. Tomorrow I will tell you about the soaps. Maybe. If I remember. I think.

Until tomorrow…

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my. Sounds like a lot to work out. The closest I have ever come to wearing a uniform was white pants/skirt for summer and grey for winter. Hope they give you all the info soon so you can arrange to get what you need.

    I have an award for you if you'd like to stop by my blog and get all the particulars. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like they've got you in a catch 22. That sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the best place to find the boots is boot barn, I haven't been in there in a long time since before FB worked there. They have cute cowboy boots but they are expensive, Joe gets his work boots there. I hope they are comfortable since you will be on your feet a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eve- I did work it out thank you. I liked the award too, thank you. :)

    Alice- Yeah, but I worked it out.

    Mom- I went to the Boot Barn, but they don't stock work boots that small. I ordered some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with all your training. Once you get the uniform you will not have to think about what you are wearing to work. I guess that is good.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.