Saturday, January 10, 2009

Survival

I made it through my first week of training. It certainly is not dull. It is a little scary. I ordered my uniforms. I ordered shirts, pants, a tie, and jackets. I ordered my utility belt. I bought black socks and plain underwear at Wal-Mart. I went to the Boot Barn to buy my boots. They had lots to choose from. I got the girl who works there to help me. The problem I was having was finding a pair small enough. She said I would have to order them. The first pair I picked I could not even order in my size. I finally picked one out and they will be there on Tuesday for me to pick up. I got dress shoes on clearance at Wal-Mart. They are plain black. I will not have to wear my dress ones very often.

That horrible woman at the pet shop finally paid me. I had to file a complaint with the Labor Board to get it and then she skipped a day of pay. I could fight her for the missing day and penalties for taking so long, but I am just going to skip it. I would have to take time from work, drive all the way down there, and go to court. I got most of it.

We got a crate for Gibby at the store yesterday. We have not had to leave him in it yet. He goes in it. We leave the door open. We put treats in there and he went in to get them. Yesterday while he was home alone (we were out buying the crate) he chewed up one of David’s socks. Monday the girls go back to school. No one will be home to baby-sit Gibby.

Having only two days off each week now, today was busy. I have been to the gas station, Wal-Mart, Boot Barn, and the post office. We did a little house cleaning. I plan to make chicken noodle for my Grandpa this weekend. Maybe I will do that tomorrow. Maybe my mom will let me wash a load of laundry at her house while I am there making chicken noodle. That way I will have clean slacks for my workweek. We do not start wearing uniforms yet.

That is it for now.

2 comments:

  1. sure, today we had chicken and rice but my day really likes the homemade noodles. He has a little cold going on so he could use some chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made my own noodles, is it hard? It sure sounds good. You are going to find you have no time working. I know when I started full time I just couldn't get everything done. After a couple of months I started getting use to it and how to get things done.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.