Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bunco

Last night I went to see some old friends and play Bunco. I was a little nervous about the situation. I hadn’t seen Jamie (it was her house) or Sarah in 15 years a long time. What if we didn’t get along anymore? I know some people I went to high school with who I was friends with there, but when I knew those same people after high school, I wondered why we were ever friends.

So there was that issue, along with the fact that a whole bunch of other people I didn’t know would be there and I had no idea what Bunco was, other than it was a game played with dice. But I don’t get out much and I could use some friends, so I went.

Turns out, I didn’t have anything to be nervous about. Jamie is still the sweet and wonderful person I remember from high school. Her house was beautiful. Her Halloween décor put mine to shame. Her husband was very nice. Our friend Sarah came and she too was still so friendly and so nice. Now I know why I was friends with them for so long. (I am sure I met both of them in the 7th grade.) Anyway, there were fourteen people there and everyone was nice and we had fun. Jamie had made chili and corn bread. We ate and talked for a while before we started playing. Bunco is an easy game. If you can count and roll dice, you can play. You switch partners a lot and move around so you get to meet everyone. I had a blast. I even won a little money. (Everyone put $5 in to play.) I didn’t care. I would have been just as happy had I lost every time. I met some new people who were just lovely. I hope we can do it again.

While I was gone, Catherine and David watched The Princess Bride. David said Catherine got so into it, she just about cried at parts. Carolynn has a friend sleeping over. She seems a lot more tame than a lot of her other friends. She is a polite little girl and hasn’t caused any trouble. I have hope for Carolynn yet. Catherine wanted to go her friend Cady’s house, but she is so grounded.

Today we are going to Oak Glen to soak in some fall color and see about some pumpkins. I promise pictures when I get back. (I wish I would have thought of that last night. Some of the Bunco players had some excellent costumes. I was dressed as an off duty correctional officer. It’s my favorite way to dress up.)

2 comments:

  1. I've always heard people talking about Bunco but I have no idea what it is either. I thought it was a card game. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a ridiculously easy game. small children could play it. All you do is roll dice. But it is so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.