Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'd Like To Recant The Previous Statement

I found out today what my schedule for next week will be. After the scheduling issues I had this week, I was expecting the worst. Turns out, it isn’t too bad. I get to work visiting. I like working visiting. First, the schedule is nice. Visiting works 4 ten hour shifts instead of 5 eight hour shifts. So I get three days off next week. The extra good part is I get Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off, so I get Thanksgiving off. Woo Hoo! That means turkey and all the trimmings. Of course, that means no day after Thanksgiving shopping. Oh well.

I have a terrible cold. I cough and wheeze and am losing my voice. My nose is stuffed and my head hurts. I have pockets full of cough drops. I have been taking Formula 44. It helps. I will be all better soon I hope. It makes life much more pleasant when I am not sick.

I made a big pot of chili for dinner. It was yummy. We ate it with cheese on top, sour cream and tortillas. I bought a bunch of small containers and made a bunch of lunch sized portions. I put some in the freezer for later and some in the fridge for this week. That way I don’t spend a lot of money on frozen dinners and other convenience foods for my lunch. And I froze some so I don’t have to eat the same thing all week. Later this week I will make homemade chicken noodle soup and I will do the same thing.

Catherine has been cleaning out her room. There are bags and bags of toys and clothes in the garage to take to the Salvation Army. We will take them on Thursday when we go there to fill out some more papers for volunteering there. Next week we should start the bell ringing. We are signed up for Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday nights in front of the Stater Bros. They are always short on volunteers and it is a good cause. If you have time, donate it. For every hour a volunteer rings that bell, $8.00 is saved. Without volunteers, the Salvation Army has to pay bell ringers minimum wage. Sure, some people really need that $8.00, especially at the holiday season. But then there are people like these folks, who get to benefit from this. But in the end, it is for a good cause and you get to have experiences like this. (By the way, the BIG interview I mention in that post is at a certain prison I know of.)

I need a haircut. As soon as it gets a little long, it starts looking limp and is hard to manage. Then it starts getting in my face and annoying me.

Carolynn came home with raccoon eyes again. I took her iPod. I give her makeup. I don’t approve of her hooker look. She also tries to go around wearing these little undershirts as shirts. Not happening. I do not work my ass off to raise a white trash hooker. Also not happening. Nope.

Anyway, I guess I did have stuff to say today.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for taking a stand against teen whore-dom!! It may be a fight now, but she'll appreciate your concern later.

    I hope you feel better soon. Your job is too hard to work while being sick. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!

    Chili sounds so good right now. I eat mine the same way (with sour cream, cheese, etc.). YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I feel better. I have bronchitis. The doctor gave me some medicine. I will be back to normal in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.