Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Life and Death

Today we held a memorial at work for an officer who passed away. Officer Solis was a nice guy. I only worked with him a couple of times, when I first started there. (He has been on sick leave for some time.) He was a little rough around the edges, but he gave me plenty of helpful advice that I still have not forgotten…

Always know your keys.

Take your time and do it right.

Always keep doors secure.

Never back away from a challenge.


The whole complex stopped work and the department heads took over our posts so we could attend the memorial. It was very nice. His family was there. The chaplains spoke. We gave him a proper officer’s send off. They fired guns, sounded the bugle, and sounded the final call. It was very touching.

Good bye Officer Solis.

***************

Today is also David’s 22nd birthday. We ordered pizza and Carolynn baked a cake. It is cooling now. I want to eat it really bad.

It is Wednesday. I have already worked 50 hours this week. Tomorrow and Friday are my days off. I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.