Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Social Ties

I am a fan of social networking… to a point. I don’t have a million accounts. Mostly I have this blog. And that is cool for me. I also enjoy Twitter. It’s like a mini blog. But let’s get into the point of this story…

Facebook.

Okay, I have a Facebook account, but in reality, unless someone sends me a message, I hardly go to Facebook. My Twitter automatically updates my Facebook status. My blog automatically updates my Facebook page. Sometimes, if I get on and remember, I add pictures. But if not for Facebook…

-I wouldn’t have connected with some old friends. Because of this, I have been out of the house more often. I have had friends over here and been out to theirs. I learned to play Bunco. I played trivia with a bunch of them just this past weekend.

-I can connect with a great person I met at training in Georgia. It’s nice to know someone else that does the same job.

-I have another way of chatting up my internet friends… From the blogging community or from my online book group.

-I hear from relatives I never saw before.

In reality, I think it’s a good thing in moderation. I just realized even my mom has a Facebook. She didn’t strike me as a Facebook user. I wonder what she has on her page. Do you think she’s a Farmer in Farmville? HA HA! Even my Grandma is a Facebook user.

I don’t use any other social media platforms. I don’t My Space, My Life, or anything else similar. Just Facebook. And everything else goes automatically to it. Carolynn has Facebook, but being grounded, don’t expect any updates.

So what do you use? Do you have a preference? Do you play Facebook games? Do you think all computers should be turned off?

Anyway, thank you Facebook for finding me some friends. If not for them, this place might get a bit lonely. Not for long…




Because I forgot to mention…



And this is the best and most important part of this random, stupid post (that I am just rambling through because it is for NaBloPoMo)…



This April…



A certain family that I love…



That currently lives in North Carolina…



IS MOVING TO CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!

And that is all that matters!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! That is so sweet. We love you guys too. We're already talking about buying Apples to Apples so that we can all play it when we get to California, lol.

    Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.