Friday, August 27, 2010

A Day In The Life

Shredded

When I first started out in my job, I purchased plenty of uniforms. However, at the time they were in the process of changing uniform types. Some of the uniforms I bought ended up falling apart pretty quickly. I have very little of the original ones left.

A few weeks ago, I found a pair of these old pants in the closet. I checked for holes and wear and tear and they looked pretty good. So I threw them on and went to work.

When I got there, it was count time. Another officer and I did the count. After that I sat and checked my email. Then it was just about dinner time. I was on my way out of the office to head out toward the dining hall to get the dinner started. I realized on my way out that I forgot to put my own food away when I came in.

I grabbed my lunch box and went over to the fridge. I put my little frozen French bread pizza in the freezer. Then I kneeled down to put my can of ginger ale in the fridge. That is when it happened. I heard the rip. I look down and there is a huge hole all between my legs and down my thighs. I started laughing. What was I going to do?

First of all, I was at the camp… minimum security and women inmates. So I was lucky there. I was so glad it didn’t happen inside a secure male facility. I called David and asked him to bring me pants. He laughed. But he was on the way. Then I held it together enough to go get the dining hall open and let the inmates out to eat. The food service lady laughed and so did all the inmates who saw me.

Then I sat in my office and refused to come out. An inmate came in to get some keys and asked me what was wrong. When she found out she laughed and laughed. That is when David came and gave me pants. That just made it funnier.

Basically, that had to be the funniest thing that ever happened to an officer at the camp. I am sure I will be hearing about that for a long time to come.

2 comments:

  1. i wore a pair of jeans all day at work, discovering when i went home half my ass was hanging out of a rip in the back. DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Nice that someone told you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.