Friday, May 13, 2011

A Day In The Life

Sometimes You've Got To Fight For Love

It had been pretty busy in visiting at the female camp. We have gotten so many new girls. It was crazy. When I was there last summer, the most inmates I ever had in visiting in one day was 28. Now I am having near 40 a day. Needless to say I am busy. There is just one officer in visiting at the camp. And that is me.

One Saturday it was particularly busy. We started at 8:30 am, and by the time we stopped for count at 9:30 am most of the tables were full. It was nuts. But something was going on. As I processed the inmates in, several said they needed to speak to me. But I was so busy, I kept putting them off. Finally, at 10:00 am, I got around to finding out what they wanted.

Two different inmates told me that the previous night one inmate had gotten into a fight with another. All I got was the name of the aggressor. Great.

I called the lieutenant. There was nothing I could do. I have to report an assault. He sends an SIS Tech (Special Investigations) and the activities lieutenant. Plus we had another officer there for count time. After several interviews, we determined that Inmate P punched Inmate V in the head because Inmate C dumped Inmate P for Inmate V.

It was a love triangle.

Inmate P admitted to the punch and ended up shipped off to a more secure location. Inmate V said she never got punched, despite the fact that the other inmate already admitted to it and there were many witnesses. Inmate C, who was the prize they were fighting over, claimed to know nothing.

We closed visiting that day and put the whole camp on room restriction for the weekend.

Love conquered all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.