Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sisterly Love

In December of 1986, my father called me to inform me I had a baby sister. Nicole Danielle was born. However, at the time, I lived with my mom and saw my father rarely. I saw the baby sister several times, but the last time she was just under 2 years old. And I didn't see her again.

Early this year, she found me on Facebook. And once she found me, that was it. We are sisters. The end. That is just the kind of person she is. I love that about her. She calls to chat and I get to find out about her life. She lives in Texas with her husband and her daughter, my niece Carter, who is 1.

Recently my dad's wife, Vicky sent me lots of old pictures. Pictures of me and my brother as babies or small children. Pictures of my grandparents and of my dad and my aunts and uncles. And in that mix were some pictures of my sister. Wonderful, adorable, completely embarrassing pictures. Please, enjoy them with me. Because what kind of big sister would I be if I didn't post these pictures for the world to see.





Love you Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.