Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Check Up

Yesterday we took Michelle for her 2 month check up. She is healthy. But the doctor says she isn't gaining enough weight. She weighed 8 lbs and 12 ounces yesterday. She weighed 7 lbs and 15 ounces when I had her. He suggested we give her formula. I say no. Instead, today I am researching tips to improving breast milk output. We have to take her back in 10 days for him to check her weight again.

He also put her on vitamin D drops. They smell awful and from the face she makes, I am guessing they don't taste awesome either. Then she got 6 vaccines. She only cried a little. She is a tough cookie.

All in all she is a healthy, strong baby.

So we took her to Mary and Tonya's for dinner so they could cuddle her and spoil her rotten. And they did. And we had turkey and it was fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your research! Hopefully you can avoid formula feeding. I ended up supplementing with formula because a doctor told me to, and I wish I'd known enough to talk with a lactation consultant first. She eventually was back on breast milk full-time, but it wasn't right away. At least I got some sleep though and hubby could feed her (I hadn't started pumping yet so early on).

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sleeps fine. But sometimes she sleeps through meals. And sometimes she gets so fussy it's hard to nurse.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.