Saturday, May 18, 2013

Letting Go

We brought our little Pooky home almost 9 months ago. I can not believe it has been that long. She is growing up way too fast. Every time I pack up more of the stuff she has outgrown, I feel a little sad. I had to raise the bouncer seat up a notch. I put the baby tub away. She is getting too big for her infant car seat. My baby is such a big girl.

The saddest thing, what I was not ready to do, Michelle has given up nursing. She has been fighting with me for a few weeks. She pushes and fidgets and bites. She has no interest. I tried feeding her in quiet places. Tried waiting for her to get tired. She fights.

I don't want too see her hungry. So today, we have switched to formula. Last night we cuddled and said goodbye to nursing. I only cried a little.

It is a good thing. Michelle won't be so cranky. I won't have her attached to me at inconvenient times.

I can wear real bras again. I don't have to wear nursing friendly tops.

I can do this.

But why do they have to grow up so fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.