Saturday, January 01, 2022

New Year

 Happy New Year! 

Today I am hanging with my favorite (and only) grandson while his parents move into their new house. Shout out to Donvan and his family for making this happen for them. They finally have a place for their little family to call home. 

We had breakfast and watched Encanto. Charlie and Rowan both love this movie. As does Michelle, but she was helping Carolynn clean and pack.


For Christmas, Carolynn got me this great cookbook. 

The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook


I love it. Today I decided to try out a recipe from it. I made clam chowder from New Orleans Square in Disneyland park. I even served it in a bread bowl. We listed to the sounds of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride while we made it. Rowan sang "Yo Ho, Yo Ho!" It was easy to make and fun. And most importantly delicious. 

1 comment:

  1. We loved Encanto too. :-) I hope you enjoy your day with your grandson! I am glad your daughter and her family were able to find a home they liked. It's a great cookbook isn't it? My husband received it as a gift a year or two ago, but I am not sure how much he's actually cooked out of it. I hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.