Thursday, September 14, 2006

More Fun

I was thinking here about all the fun we have now, and my friend Heather sent the pictures of her fun, which were pictures of her kids. I then realized a lot of the fun we have involve kids. That got me thinking about things I remember from when I was a kid. This leads me to this….

10 Things I Remember From When I Was A Kid

1. My Smurf Record Player- I had a massive collection of 45’s. I still have one record. My dad bought me “Stop In The Name Of Love” by The Supremes on a 45 when I was little and now it hangs on my living room wall.

2. Locking my brother in my round elephant toy box and rolling it around the house.

3. My first Cabbage Patch. My mom must have went through hell to get her. They were like Tickle Me Elmo when they came out. Mine was named Liz. She had red hair and freckles just like me. I had her all the way through high school.

4. Going camping at the Grand Canyon. We stayed one night, froze our butts off and went to Las Vegas.

5. Madonna was “Like A Virgin”, Michael Jackson was cool, and The Stray Cats rocked. Now Madonna is still cool, (but much less virginal), Michael Jackson is scary and The Stray Cats are just Brian Setzer.

6. My Grandma’s dog Heidi. She was a little scary. But she sure loved her squeaky carrot.

7. My Annie Mansion. I was never really allowed to play with it and then it disappeared.

8. My 8th birthday sleepover party. There must have been 15 girls in a two bedroom apartment. I thought it was awesome. Now I wonder how my mom survived.

9. My Strawberry Shortcake bike. My first two-wheeler.

10. She-Ra. She was the cool sister of He-Man. She had an awesome cartoon. I had her castle and action figures. Excellent for battling my brother who owned all the He-Man stuff. She was cooler than Jem, Rainbow Brite, and I loved her… Until they came out with My Little Pony.

**************************
On A Side Note....

Several of you have asked how you can get on our automatic e-mailing list. All you have to do is send me an e-mail (Click on the link to the right) and let me know and I will add you to it. I had it set up so every time I did anything on there you'd get an email, but I fixed it. Now you will only get an e-mail if there is something new to read. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.