Sunday, December 31, 2006

Auld Lang Syne

As the year comes to an end, here are two things I’d like to say.

1. New Years Resolutions suck. I am not making any. Okay, so yes I could stand to lose some weight. Yes, I should eat better. Yes, I should save more and spend less. Am I going to attempt any of these things? Sure. Will I succeed? Highly doubtful.

2. One thing I am going to do for this coming year is letting things go. I am usually the kind of person who hangs on to things. But I have decided that as of right now, I am holding on to nothing. Everyone who made me mad is forgiven. It’s just too much work to hold on to things. Why should I spend my time and energy on that? However, I have also decided that I will not in turn then be a doormat. People who continually cause grief in my life do not deserve the right to continue to be part of my life, no matter who they are.

So that’s it. That is my New Year. For today though, I have no plans. I ordered a pizza earlier so it would be here at dinner. The girls are off visiting. I got The Simpson’s Season 9 on DVD yesterday so I am set. I will probably be asleep by midnight. I hope everyone has a great New Year’s Eve. Don’t drink and drive. Don’t let anyone else drink and drive. And take my friend Trish’s advice and don’t call me drunk at midnight. See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.