Friday, June 29, 2007

Back In The 70's



Catherine has a very active imagination. She is always drawing, painting, or playing pretend. (Last night she was going around waving a white flag she made while holding a sign on a Popsicle stick that I said, “I surrender”. When I asked what she was doing, she said she was a coyote.) Another thing about Catherine is she loves to cook. She likes to try new foods and loves to watch the Food Network. I like the Food Network too. Everyday when I get home from work, we make dinner and watch cooking shows. We watch Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee and 30-Minute Meals with Rachel Ray. We like several more and we love Iron Chef America, but everyday we watch those two right after I get off work and those two usually have the easiest recipes. Catherine writes down the ones she wants to try and then we look them up on the internet.

Yesterday, on Semi-Homemade, Sandra was giving a wine and cheese party. All of Sandra’s shows come with a party theme and a “tablescape”. She made several things with cheese and she made a cheese fondue. Catherine wanted to do that. She also announced she was going to have a party like Sandra Lee always has. However, she does not like wine and cheese parties. She asked me when else do people fondue. I told her people did a lot of fondue in the 70’s. Then she needed to know what else people did in the 70’s. We got online and learned about disco and leisure suits and she began making plans….

On July 14, we are having a 70’s Party. She is working on a custom music CD. We are going to have fondue. We are going to play cards. (She saw that on VH-1’s “I Love The 70’s” she said) She is working on some other plans. Usually, when she starts in on some huge plans, I scale her back a bit. However, I figured this time, why not? It’s only cheese. How much could a fondue pot cost? Not much, I noticed. We have a fondue set but it is for hot oil fondue. Maybe we will use that too. She wants to do a chocolate fondue for dessert. Maybe that is going too far…

Anyway, we can probably fit a few more people around the cheese pot. If anyone is interested let me know. I am sure that most of you who would be interested live too far away. It will be fun anyway. I am sure there will be a video.

7 comments:

  1. is there a reason why my july 29th birthday isnt on the calender? LOL we would love to attend your 70's party, but alas, we live clear across the country! so eat some cheese for us!!!!!

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to tell me these things! Happy Birthday Heather... a day late but still....

    We would love to have you for our party, but we will think of you while eating our cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no my birthday isnt in june, it is in july! LOL

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.. Fine I am adding it to the list. And while we are at it.. Let's have the kids birthdays and Ken's too. I know the kids birthdays are in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'd be there if I could. I LOVE fondue. You should check out Forever Fondue. There's one on La Jolla and another one in Mission Valley, I think. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. joey is march 24, kayleigh is feb 11 and ken is feb 18

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forever Fondue... Will look into it. Catherine would love it.

    Thanks for the birthdays Heather. I am adding them to the list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.