Saturday, March 15, 2008

Colder Than A Witch's You-Know-What

Today Trisha, Carolynn and I took a trip to the mountains. Before we headed up the mountains, we stopped at a roadside stand on an Indian reservation and purchased some avocados to make guacamole. We got some lemons and oranges too. Then we headed up to Palomar Mountain. On the way, we stopped at a scenic overlook. Here is Carolynn on the overlook. It was damn cold out there.



We went to Palomar Mountain and we stopped at the tiny little town and bought some organic soap from a lady I know who owns a place called Palomar Mountain Soap Company. Sadly, her factory burned in the fires and she was clearing out what was left. Her soaps are really nice and smell really good. Trish bought a bar and Carolynn bought a bag of soaps that I am hoping she shares. We would have bought more, but we were low on cash and credit was not accepted. After that we drove up to the Palomar Mountain Observatory. That was pretty neat too, but it was even colder. I hadn't been that cold since Wisconsin.



After that we drove to Julian and went to the Julian Pie Company. I had a slice of apple pie and we bought a couple of whole pies to bring home. They have fabulous pies there. When we were getting in the car with our pies, it was starting to snow. SNOW!!

We made it home before it really started to fall and then we went to Wienerschnitzel for dinner. They don't have those in North Carolina.

Tomorrow, no plans. We need to recuperate.

1 comment:

  1. Well I hope the weather warms up for you guys. I hope the weather warms up for me too. We will be at Pala next week and I enjoy sitting out by the pool and having a cold drink.
    Did everyone wear green today? And are you eating corned beef and cabbage? We ate corned beef and cabbage on Saturday, it was good with carrots and red potatos.
    I want to see lots of pictures of your adventure. I hope you guys are having a great time. You did make me hungry for a taco....but I had to settle for Marcelinos

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.